Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 MU1 verify: cuts disappear on rotation

ktechdan

When I rotate the view during verification, the cuts disappear while the tool keeps moving. See the attached video for a better idea of what I'm talking about. I used to be able to look around uninterrupted in previous versions.

I'm glad I can finally stop reconfiguring the verify colors whenever Mastercam needs to be restarted, but it is incredibly annoying to have to pause and resume the simulation whenever I want to rotate the view without missing anything.

Is anybody else having this issue? Any solutions? I poked around in MastercamSimulatorDefaults.xml, but nothing jumped out at me.

X7_MU1_UVBS_ROTATE.zip

If this is intentional, I don't know what to say.

I do hire 150 of the smartest people on the planet and make your own software then you can say whatever you want. You have not, but maybe the majority did. Do they make you and only you happy or they do their best to make a overall best product that does what it can for everyone?

I have "repaint" set to off on the Toolpath page in Sytem Config so this is not an issue for me.

I thought I wasn't seeing this.. and played around with the "Number of Entities for Dynamic rotation" setting

on the Screen page... and now I am seeing it.. so I just turned it off by unchecking "repaint"

It seems to have something to do with the speed of the verify and the speed of the dynamic rotation. Using the space mouse if I slowed down the rotation for the dynamic rotation then toolpath remains visible, also needed to reduce the speed of the verify.

I have "repaint" set to off on the Toolpath page in Sytem Config so this is not an issue for me.

I thought I wasn't seeing this.. and played around with the "Number of Entities for Dynamic rotation" setting

on the Screen page... and now I am seeing it.. so I just turned it off by unchecking "repaint"

When I uncheck repaint, all my toolpaths disappear and will not reappear until I click (two times) the toggle display on selected operations icon next to the lock in the operations manager. Once I do this and can see my toolpaths, the repaint setting in System Config becomes checked again and the hide-on-rotation behavior continues as before.

It seems to have something to do with the speed of the verify and the speed of the dynamic rotation. Using the space mouse if I slowed down the rotation for the dynamic rotation then toolpath remains visible, also needed to reduce the speed of the verify.

This does not appear to be the case for me, unfortunately. Sometimes I can see the cuts for a moment before the original stock obscures it, but it always happens within less than a second. I use a Space Mouse, too, but this behavior occurs with the regular mouse as well.

The dynamic rotation inside of Verify (Simulator) will use the original stock whenever the complexity of the model and toolpaths gets to a point where it takes more than 5 milliseconds to repaint each movement. This was implemented for performance reasons and if not implemented would cause the rotation to lock and become very unpleasant to use. You do have the collision checking window to to catch any collisions if you are concerned that something occurred while you were rotating. By double clicking on any of the collision entries, you can jump the tool to that location and further analyze any issue.

The dynamic rotation inside of Verify (Simulator) will use the original stock whenever the complexity of the model and toolpaths gets to a point where it takes more than 5 milliseconds to repaint each movement. This was implemented for performance reasons and if not implemented would cause the rotation to lock and become very unpleasant to use. You do have the collision checking window to to catch any collisions if you are concerned that something occurred while you were rotating. By double clicking on any of the collision entries, you can jump the tool to that location and further analyze any issue.

I really do not like this new feature. I need to view the area being cut from multiple views while it is being machined. I realize that I can hit the pause button, rotate the view, then hit the play button again. But to do this 100s of times is burdensome and a waste of time. However I would like to offer a suggestion. When verifying and the user chooses to rotate the view, how about an automatic pause and then when the user stops rotating the verify continues.

When I'm watching the tool movement and rotating around my part, it is to get an idea of tool engagement and material removal rates. If I wanted to zip ahead and rely on collision detection, I would skip ahead.

5ms is way too low. It makes the UVBS unpredictable and frustrating to use. I am pleased to see Machine Simulation has been improved, but it would be ideal if UVBS behavior on rotate was predictable no matter how slow.

What I really want is Machine Simulation's time-based movement brought into UVBS.