Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machine and Control Definition Formats

What exactly are you thinking of changing?

I would want to be able to change the location of machine, control definitions, and posts with a utility so it's faster and more automatic. It would also make it easier to quickly check for issues in a setup in case something isn't linked properly. I would have to make sure Mastercam is closed, and make a backup of the file first for safety of course.

Looking in the file, I can find where these are declared: "%MCAMDIR%wire\posts\Agie Generic Agievision_AWF 4X Wire.pst". I guess trial and error might be my best option for now. I haven't looked into NETHooks or CHooks for doing this yet.

change the location of machine, control definitions, and posts with a utility

Do you know about -> MD_CD_PST Rename ?

*It allows you to rename, not re-locate.

Available here nder AddOns,

Forget about doing this NETHook.

I don’t see that type of functionally ever being added to the NETHook API.

Way too much of an edge case.

%MCAMDIR% is a path “token”.

If a prefix of a path "aligns" with a standard Mastercam location, it is "tokenized" (like the path you show).

Say this was the location on your system ->

C:\Users\Public\Documents\shared mcamx7\wire\posts\Agie Generic Agievision_AWF 4X Wire.pst

With the tokenized path, if I load your part file on my system and my system it's location is ->

D:\Users\Public\Documents\shared mcamx7\wire\posts\Agie Generic Agievision_AWF 4X Wire.pst

Mastercam on my system will resolve the %MCAMDIR% token in that path to D:\Users\Public\Documents\shared mcamx7

In the CHook SDK, see the functions for dealing with tokens here ->

INTERFACE\GUI\FilesAndPaths_CH.h

*It boils sown to this –

What I think you’re talking is not a trivial task.