Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

The New Verify

Müřlıń®

And to answer why accurate zoom chopped up you block is that it takes just that view that you are in and focuses all the PC's horsepower on just that area. It doesn't really work well with full part view. But it does make a significant difference when focused on a smaller area.

I am not justifying that the new Verify is perfect by any means but it it is a step in the right direction. The part I am working on now is 96.00 long by 46.00 wide by 3.00 thick and so far I have 471 operations. If I was using X6 I would never be able to verify this part without breaking it up into sections. The old Verify had a limitation of accuracy once you surpassed 70.00.

I am not justifying that the new Verify is perfect by any means but it it is a step in the right direction. The part I am working on now is 96.00 long by 46.00 wide by 3.00 thick and so far I have 471 operations. If I was using X6 I would never be able to verify this part without breaking it up into sections. The old Verify had a limitation of accuracy once you surpassed 70.00.

Did all that, it definitely improved a bit.

Thanks for your help!

From the time the Verify button is pressed: 30 seconds, there's a ribbon message that says Updating Scene In Background, the windows circle spins, once the circle goes away it takes a few clicks of the play button to begin the verification[/color]

If stop button is selected: 5-10 second delay before the functions of the window will respond, and the majority of the time my stock re-appears hiding the removed stock.

Once the play button is selected again: 5-10 second delay before the tool begins to move, and the majority of the time my stock re-appears and flickers in and out for the first few seconds.

This time adds up. I'm phishing to find out if this is common with the users and/or if there are settings that I should be reviewing. I've been adjusting the above Precision function, 1 through 4, it doesn't alter the wait time. I understand that this is new, if it's common so be it. But as they say, time is money, I need to resolve whether our team of programmers should stick with X6 until this new interface functions faster.]

I see this same delay also. Sometimes when I start the verify the stock doesnt show up at all or just partly so I have to shut verify and start it again. I have also started saving my files before verify because it crashes much more often than in previous versions. I have so many files already in X7 that I´m going to keep using it and hope they get things fixed in X8.

I had this happen to me once in the past. I know that there are some .ini files that you can delete that Mastercam will recreate when it starts back up. Sometimes this fixes a lot of problems in Verify. I don't remember off the top of my head which ones they were but I will see if I can dig thru some of my notes and find out what it was. Maybe someone else will jump in here that remembers.

• Like 1

I gotta say, that result looks horrible :)

As long as I can tell a gouge from it,

Im good. It the waiting I'm worried about

That's both sliders in the middle, or default.

When I accurate zoom it's twice as good

And only takes 4 minutes for a result

I just hope when I do something complex

With a heat sink it won't take too long

This mould part is 14"x 8" x5" deep

With literally no detail

Man an I gonna miss turbo mode.....

As long as I can tell a gouge from it,

Im good. It the waiting I'm worried about

That's both sliders in the middle, or default.

When I accurate zoom it's twice as good

And only takes 4 minutes for a result

I just hope when I do something complex

With a heat sink it won't take too long

This mould part is 14"x 8" x5" deep

With literally no detail

Man an I gonna miss turbo mode.....

Out of curiosity, how often do you use Vericut vs. Verify? I use Verify on basic 2.5D and 3D stuff. Any complex 3D, Mill Turn, or 5 Axis work gets ported straight to Vericut. Don't get me wrong, Verify has its place. I'm just curious, considering you use Vericut as well.

Out of curiosity, how often do you use Vericut vs. Verify? I use Verify on basic 2.5D and 3D stuff. Any complex 3D, Mill Turn, or 5 Axis work gets ported straight to Vericut. Don't get me wrong, Verify has its place. I'm just curious, considering you use Vericut as well.

I have vericut and my regular programmers use it.

My powermill grammer quit and left a week early to his new Yob(last week)

So now my MC grammer is back on the floor and I am back to 14 hr days, until resolved

I'm designing and MC gramming again..... Boooo Hisss......So I made sure to start using X7.

I should get my MC guy to give me a quick go through on Vericut.

I have vericut and my regular programmers use it.

My powermill grammer quit and left a week early to his new Yob(last week)

So now my MC grammer is back on the floor and I am back to 14 hr days, until resolved

I'm designing and MC gramming again..... Boooo Hisss......So I made sure to start using X7.

I should get my MC guy to give me a quick go through on Vericut.

Do you have the Mastercam to Vericut Interface? That does make it pretty easy to move from Mastercam to Vericut, but in all honesty, I've got that conversant with Vericut, that I can get a setup up and running quick enough that I don't bother with the interface. I've really grown to like Vericut. It is a lifesaver for our 5 axis mill, and now I have it configured, for our Multus. I really enjoy building the machines and controls, even more than messing with Mastercam posts now! :)

Was on the horn with inhouse and we got the same verify to finish in about 1 minute

we pushed both the precision and speed sliders right to the max and hit the

3rd button to the right of play (end) waited less then a minute and viola, same

detail as accurate zoom with out it chopping up the block

and you can rotate it and zoom in where ever you want

Thanks Chris!

Was on the horn with inhouse and we got the same verify to finish in about 1 minute

we pushed both the precision and speed sliders right to the max and hit the

3rd button to the right of play (end) waited less then a minute and viola, same

detail as accurate zoom with out it chopping up the block

and you can rotate it and zoom in where ever you want

Thanks Chris!

Mind sharing your results to get there.

I thought I did??

Either way Here is a screen shot of my verify complete (X7 straight out of the box) no html file tweaks.

• All I did was pushed both sliders to MAX
  • hit the END button in pic
  • the progress bar moves slowly but surely across to the right side(only took about) 40 seconds
  • as it is doing so it does not show you the stock cutting
  • when finished the finished verify shows like what you see in my picture
  • I also shorten a tool by 2 inches to make sure that this method will show the holder gouge
  • now you can window zoom with the accuracy of accurate zoom without all the hassle of

redoing it over and over with a chopped up block each time

• I guess I stumbled on to TURBO MODE???? ;)

VERIFYSETTINGS_zps71c303e3.png

• Like 1