Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Active Reports question

trip7

Hello, I'm fumbling my way through learning to build a custom Active Reports setup sheet. My question is can I return a value from a sub-report to the main report? What I'm trying to do is list the Program Number (PROG_NUM) to the main SETUPSHEET as shown in this pic.

Many thanks in advance!

post-13854-0-67613200-1389472274_thumb.png

Thanks for the reply Crazy^Millman.

I first tried to pull PROG_NUM from my main report but it returned nothing. Then using the help file it shows PROG_NUM listed under OPERATION. I'm under the impression that OPERATION is to be used as a subreport with all its tags. Is it possible to use PROG_NUM tag on the main //SETUPSHEET report?

OK, starting to make a little headway on this Active Reports Designer. I made a subreport //FILE and its child //TOOLS and its child //TOOL. I created a tool list in //TOOL subreport using the functions under the Fields menu but when I run the report it only outputs the first tool and does so on several pages. Is there a setting I'm missing that populates the list with all the tools being used?