Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

slow file

Jaz

I am trying to fix another programmer's part he did in X6 last year (I am using X7). Verify and the operation manager are v e r y slow to respond or do anything. Other files appear to be acting normally. I have saved the file in X7 and have regenerated all the operations, and have tried saving the file on my hard drive (we work on a network). I reloaded the machine def and I tried a different machine. The part file is only 44,061 kb with 41 ops.

What is slowing me down and how do I fix it?

One thing you can check is your groups. Click on your groups toolbar and check to see if you have a bunch of groups. Delete the extra groups you are not using to reduce file size. This may help the file seem faster. I noticed that when I open some of my older files there are a bunch of unnecessary groups that were created, so I delete them.

No groups.

Toolpaths are all simple contour, drill etc. with a few 3-axis finish toolpaths. No highspeed, nothing fancy.

Manipulating or creating geometry is unaffected. The only things that are slow is anything from the operations manager. Selecting ops, back plot, verify, etc

Well since it is one file and not everything just one of those things that happens with computers. I have seen that with so many other programs not even funny from CATIA, SolidWorks and such. One little thing seems to make that one file act weird. Thing is you get a tech person on the line in a gotomeeting then it will clear up all of a sudden and then you really scratch your head. Of course all the experts who hate on us for using Mastercam will tell you it is because Mastercam sucks, but I beg to differ it is just something that happens with computers not some conspiracy of people who do not care to give you the best product possible.