Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Wire EDM, not sure if this is possible

cncworker

In one setup I say no. You would do everything you can from the 82 side and maybe can get those 2 other faces, but if you are talking about along the edge that look they are 90 deg to that corner, then I see that as another setup where the wire can cut through the part and not hit anything. I always had to imagine the wire being able to pass through anything I was given to cut. Then I would develop my setups and then programming form there. I have had some 4 to 6 setup stuff I have had to do, but as long as I could pass a wire through it I could do it.

Edit without seeing a 3D model I am going to say no cannot get to these 2 areas with a wire.

Edited by Crazy^Millman

Thanks for your reply Crazy^Millman. The second reply with the one with the bigger angles i am talking about. The first ones you mentioned are flaws in the drawing. Ya, i'm thinking a separate setup too. Not sure what i'm going to do yet. Thanks for your input.

The 82 deg angles will be milled on or ground on, not sure what i'm going to do yet. Then i will do the wire work. The angles in post #3 are my concern.

The machine is Mitsubishi FX20. Not sure on travel, but there is plenty. I guess i should ask the boss how he thought we were going to do it. He's the one that quote it. Thanks for all input. It means a lot to me. Sometimes i get stuck on projects, so i come to this forum. Very valuable too!!

I always worry about coming to shoulder with grinders and keeping the edge. If I could get to it from the same position as the other work then I would try it there. If not then mount at the angle needed to machine with using the wire and be done with it. Old trick I would do it program my machine to move 45 degree angle and then use that to help me to indicate my plates in if I needed to mount them at 45 degree angle.