Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

"Error occurred in EndSession" Verify problem

Delcandoit

Hello everyone,

My reseller and CNC Software are stumped on an issue and I'm hoping that I may get some help here. Ever since updating to X7 MU1 I get an error that reads: "Error occurred in EndSession: startVector length should equal endVector length (radius)" when I try to start verification. It doesn't happen on every file but once it does, it stays until I roll back to before X7 MU1.

Here's what I've done so far:

Uninstalled Mastercam and reinstalled

Scrubbed the registry and computer of ALL Mastercam files and reinstalled

Changed all files to their defaults in both Mastercam and Verification

Changed to a generic post, machine & control definition

Updated Windows, scrubbed & reinstalled .NET framework, updated all drivers for all components including the BIOS

Changed computers entirely

And more tricks that are too lengthy to mention but suffice to say I've exhausted my skills as an IT Tech and previous Mcam reseller support tech.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as this problem is affecting my ability to program and verify my parts. I stay with pre-MU1 but that has bugs as well that make it a lose lose situation for me. I also have an issue where if I modify a toolpath and regenerate a stock model Mastercam will crash consistently after about the 2nd or 3rd stock model regeneration unless I quit Mastercam and restart after every regen.

It seems to happen after I edit geometry on previous toolpaths and then run verification again with the verify window already open. I can't say with all certainty that is it because I'm usually cruising along making adjustments to what I am seeing and then it sideswipes me so to speak. Since I can't fix it once it happens I can't undo and test the process. Once I get the error it's game over and I have to use legacy backplot to check tool motion and create stock models to see any gouging. That isn't a big deal with 3 axis and even most 4 axis, but with 5 axis it's a killer. At least this problem is pushing my Vericut request through management faster. :)

I sent an email to QC Kenneth, thank you for the willingness to look at the problem.

I had an opposite hand part to the one that messed up on me today and I ran through the same sequence of events and the error didn't come up. There is seemingly no rhyme or reason but I know that can't be true because computers do things precisely, even if it's messing up.

Between my reseller and the QC department at CNC Software we finally figured out what was happening (overall) and how to work around it.

It turns out that I had a level displayed with geometry that Verify didn't like. If I turn off the level then Verify works just fine. I don't have an answer yet on the exact cause but I would venture a guess that it has to do with me using the Xform Offset Contour command and set corners to None. This tends to break the geometry up into bits which it seems that Verify has trouble with.

My reseller and I have been working on this since the release of MU1 and we have both spend days and days compiling information and sending it to support at Mastercam. My reseller laughed when he got an email from QC asking them to help me after I posted on here and he had been working for weeks trying to get the issue to the right people. I recommended that he start using eMastercam to accentuate the tools that he already uses for support. The community here is 2nd to none.

Thank you to my reseller, CNC Software, and the awesome community here at eMastercam. I can get back to work :unworthy:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm glad that posting this has been helpful to some people. When I contacted my reseller and CNC Software this was an issue that they hadn't heard of before and we really had to do a lot of troubleshooting before finding the problem. This just goes to show that we can't fix a problem unless we know about it. Report all issues to your reseller and the more those reports show up at CNC Software, the more likely they will be addressed. Happy programming! :fun: