Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Verify 5x mode

propi62

hi everyone

there is a option in x7mu1 verify to change from 3x to 5x mode.

sometimes the setting is set automatically to 5x. whats the trigger for this?

it is not possible to save the setting to 5x with the new save defaults function.

greetings from switzerland

Propi62, the selection of the 3 axis or 5 axis is made at the time you launch Verify. When the button is pushed, the software analyzes the tools and toolpaths selected and if a tool with the possibility of an undercut is selected or more than one toolplane is included, then the 5 axis engine is selected. You can manually change to the other engine in the File/Options page inside Verify. In order to speed the verification process up, we don't fully analyze each toolpath for a true undercut we key off of the tool type and toolplane only. This is not accurate in all cases which is why you can change it manually. There is no way to default to 5axis or 3axis as it is selected at run time.

• 2 months later...

There is no way to default to 5axis or 3axis as it is selected at run time.

***fast forward two months*** OH YES THERE IS!!

I do now have the option of changing the default Verify mode. It's probably important to note that I am running X7 MU1.

I've only just discovered it.... I hope it's not only on my machine (I work for the Mastercam reseller in the UK but I don't think I've added anything special to my X7 install. EDIT: I will add that I tried updating to MU2 yesterday but as far as I could tell it never actually downloaded. If you can't find the option below in the XML file, perhaps my install has partially been updated to MU2.....).

You'll need to navigate to:

C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\my mcamx7\

Find the file "MastercamSimulatorDefaults.xml"

right click the file and choose Edit. Find the entry:

<Force5Axis>False</Force5Axis>

and change it to read:

<Force5Axis>True</Force5Axis>

This works on my machine to change the default Verify engine to 5-axis, even after a restart. Be aware that any mistakes editing this file may break your Verify, potentially (worse case) forcing a re-install of X7. Good luck :)