Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Right click in Level Manager issue back

Jayson Kramer

I have had this issue quite often and it is always after working with a certain session for an extended amount of time or after doing a lot of different functions. Sometimes using the Ram Saver option makes the right click functionality come back but I have yet to pin point what is causing the issue unfortunately. I've been bugging my reseller with many other X7 issues so I have kept quiet about this one since I can fix it pretty quickly. Chose my battles and all that.

• 2 months later...

I think I've noticed another corresponding trend: several times now, at some point before the level manager won't let me right-click, I start seeing funny things in the Operation manager. If I expand operations, or minimize them, they will start overlapping, and hiding each other. Sometimes closing and reopening the operation manager will fix it, but other times, the only thing to fix will be a restart of Mastercam.

Anyone else see the same thing with the operation manager?

I'm working on a whole series of similar parts, going through the same routine for every part...about a 15 minute process. I basically have to restart between every part. I still haven't been able to determine what stage of the process it's happening in, and it doesn't seem to be the same every time either.

Not sure how related this is but I see this happen more when MC starts collecting folders in the Temp directory. MC is 'supposed' to delete them when you close but this is not always the case. If I clear out the temp folder and restart MC, the world is right again until I start collecting folders in the temp file again. I also notice that MC starts acting funny just before this happens....dialog windows that are visible but not selectable. Geometry that won't select and the random crashes. I am not sure why the files accumulate but some days I will open and close 10 to 20 files and I will end up with 5 or more files in the Temp folder and then the right click doesn't work anymore.

• 4 months later...

Do you guys ever have problems with the level manager when you need to cut copy and paste several different levels? I get the level manager temporarily deleting levels, creating duplicates and all sorts of other great stuff... But as soon as you close and re open the level manager all the levels that the level manager "deleted" come back, and all the duplicate level disappear...

I bring in lots of tombstone assemblies from SW so I usually have 100's of levels that I try to consolidate when I bring them into MC.