Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hello,

when I open my x6 and create say a rectangle and then extrude then click Save I receive.

"Error in SAVMOD. KI Error Code:530 Key already used in archive"

I click ok.

another window pops up and says "Error Accessing .x_t file"

I delete the solid I created and I can save with out an error.

I recreate the solid, and I receive the same error.

I checked there are no dirty Opps and I have solid capability.

In search of a solution I ran a registry cleaning (CCleaner) in search for missing .dll . I also deleted all temp files. then rebooted.

I can now create solids without the SAVMOD Error 530 and the other message Error Accessing .x_t file.

However, when I reopen those files it will give me the error but then I resave and no longer do I have the error?

Until i create another Solid then save, Then i receive the error for any new as well as prior files.

Thanks in advance any info would help.

I believe the key to this is understanding this is understanding the actual error messages.

"Error in SAVMOD. Kernel Interface Error Code:530 Key already used in archive"

Also when opening I receive a different code "Parasolid® Kernel Interface Error KI Error Code: 58- Key not found"

Thanks again

Have you tried a Repair installation?

I suspect there's something else at play but that would be a good starting point, either that or a complete uninstall, delete all folders, registry keys, reboot and clean installation

Just so were on the same page what exactly do you mean by temp folder are we talking C:/programs/mymcX6(or what ever it is)

Then temp?

Also, I have uninstalled, re-installed, defragmented, cleared cookies, deleted any and all files with mcx6 involvement. Nothing.

Another thing that bugs me is I go to my dads work, where we have another seat and the same files open fine save fine.

Should I reformat my machine?

Hello All,

I want to thank Dustin Spieth @ Mastercam . Com

He is the man he responded to my Issue promptly and nailed it!!!

The issue was WINDOWS 8.1!!!!

we should have known, The solution was "Compatibility Mode" If you dont know how to get there; right clicked>Properties>Compatibility>Compatibility Mode> Check box run for..... drop window to windows 7.

I opened saved and Bamb No issues no errors!

Thanks DUSTIN SPIETH I spent hours trying to resolve this...

• Like 1

Seeing how I am still using Windows 7 and Mastercam X7 I have never seen it. I know people running Windows 8, but I have thought it best to spare myself the grief of Window 8 and now 8.1 looking in your other thread we can see again not something any of us had seen, thus the lack of response. Glad the people who should have been contacted originally CNC Software were able to help you out. In the future you will find on these blue moon issues your dealer and then CNC is always your best choice. If any of us have an answer we are glad to answer if we don't we will try, but if that does not work then the course of events that happen here are always the best. Very glad you got your issues resolved and again not in Win 8 or Win 8.1 land so no way I or would think a majority of the users here could have ever been of assistance.

For those interested you can read this thread to get a better picture about my response for those that find it offensive or inappropriate.

http://www.emasterca...showtopic=76798

Side not I wish there was a Windows Compatibility listing to the Version of Mastercam on the Mastercam web site for optimal performance. It does have requirements, but not what Versions of Mastercam are best for which version of Windows. I suspect the X6 is the problem here since as far as I know X7 was 1st version written for Windows 8, but I have nothing to go back and link to to support that idea.

John, yes it shows Windows 8 top right hand corner of that spread sheet. What is does not show and I know I have seen is the Version of Mastercam to the Version of Windows. Now it does not say Windows 8.1, but yes I am very certain that Mastercam X7 was the 1st version written for Windows 8 and I believe anything earlier than that is a crap shoot to work or not and to be honest it should be since the compatibility of older software to newer OS falls back to Microsoft not the people developing the software. You create it for this version of an OS and then if a new OS comes out it is up to the maker of the OS to make sure it will still works not the people making the software. That is what updates and releases are for from the Software maker.

Supported OS from that link:

Operating System Support

Windows 7 32-bit, 64-bit

Windows 8 Professional 64-bit