Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Need a programmer!

Bob W.

I am looking for a kick @ss programmer that will help me take my shop to the next level. I am a small shop (currently three employees) and we do a diverse range of work from prototype for the high tech industry, to orthopedic molds, to short run production. We are extremely efficient at what we do and I have outfitted this shop with the best tools money can buy. The current bottleneck is programming and I am looking for someone that can step in and make an immediate impact.

Shop equipment:

Haas VM3 with TR160 trunnion - 5-axis

Makino A51nx with Koma rotary table - 5-axis

Makino PS95 with Koma rotary table - 4-axis

Mastercam X7 level 3 with advanced multi-axis

Mastercam Level 3

Pro Engineer CAD software (will buy Solidworks if needed)

Vericut with full 5-axis machine simulation

Characteristics I am looking for:

Self motivated

Honesty

Integrity

Character

Expert at Mastercam, materials, tooling, machining technology

Proficient at CAD (Solidworks or ProE)

Willing and able to set up and run machines

Looking for someone along the lines of KevinC :-) aka kccadcam

For the right guy I would offer $60k plus 10% of the net profit. After all is said and done you would typically make over $100k per year and I would be transparent with the books. If this isn't sufficient please give me some guidance as to what would be more appropriate. PM me if interested. Shop is located in Newberg, OR, just south of Portland.

Thanks,

Bob

• Like 4

I NEED HELP! I NEED HELP! I NEED HELP!I am looking for a partner, no not a business partner, someone that will work with me in turning over every stone in making this shop more productive and more profitable. I want someone that can walk in the door and work at my level or above, that can teach me a thing or two, that will essentially be a teammate in running this place. I have $200k of work I need to get done in the next two months and I have no idea how I'm going to get it done... Nice problem to have until customers start heading for the door...

10% of net profit should fetch you some good attention from qualified guys that are willing to make a move out there.

With things being what the are, as far as shortage of good experienced people in the industry, very smart move on your part.

IMO

Good luck with your search Bob.

Bob,

Have you thought about outsourcing some of the programming? I know its not the best solution for your needs, but if it alleviates some of the workload sort term, may buy you some time to find the right guy to fill the role.

The High end guys your asking for are not easy to come by. they usually already have high paying jobs and are happy where they are.

Right offer, wrong time unfortunately :( I'm deeply seated where I'm at with my recent promotion to programming lead and a bit too far North. I will put my ear to the ground for good programmers looking for work in the area. Unfortunately, multiaxis programmers that are worth a salt are few and far between. I'm going to forward this to my local Mastercam reseller Steve Kidd, he knows everyone.

The Corporation I work for is closing this facility and moving the equipment to another facility in Utah.

They are paying me a HUGE bonus to stay until the transition is complete and also offering me a very nice position and the new facility.

However I have been debating whether or not I want to continue working for a huge corporation in which the "Big Wigs" don't even really know who I am or what I do. hmmm

• Like 1

I am looking for a kick @ss programmer that will help me take my shop to the next level. I am a small shop (currently three employees) and we do a diverse range of work from prototype for the high tech industry, to orthopedic molds, to short run production. We are extremely efficient at what we do and I have outfitted this shop with the best tools money can buy. The current bottleneck is programming and I am looking for someone that can step in and make an immediate impact.

Shop equipment:

Haas VM3 with TR160 trunnion - 5-axis

Makino A51nx with Koma rotary table - 5-axis

Makino PS95 with Koma rotary table - 4-axis

Mastercam X7 level 3 with advanced multi-axis

Mastercam Level 3

Pro Engineer CAD software (will buy Solidworks if needed)

Vericut with full 5-axis machine simulation

Characteristics I am looking for:

Self motivated

Honesty

Integrity

Character

Expert at Mastercam, materials, tooling, machining technology

Proficient at CAD (Solidworks or ProE)

Willing and able to set up and run machines

Looking for someone along the lines of KevinC :-) aka kccadcam

For the right guy I would offer $60k plus 10% of the net profit. After all is said and done you would typically make over $100k per year and I would be transparent with the books. If this isn't sufficient please give me some guidance as to what would be more appropriate. PM me if interested. Shop is located in Newberg, OR, just south of Portland.

Thanks,

Bob

Dude,

Sometimes all I want is to work for a small shop again...

If I was in U.S. I'd apply... you and your shop seems to be a great spot...