Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bronson Jasso

sfm increase with chip thining

14 posts in this topic

i know that when the stepover is less than 50% that the feed can increase to keep the same chip thickness(chip thinning). i was hoping someone would have the formula for the sfm increase if you can get any? the seco salesman in my area had a formula, but he has moved. i looked on seco's website but cant find anything. any help will be great.

1 person likes this

I need to know if the sfm will have an increase as the stepover decreases. i know the feed will increase, just didn't know if i can get more sfm also.

sweet. I downloaded the hsmadvisor with 30 day free trial. exactly what i needed. went from 250sfm to 495sfm. ill see how it works.

I have the full version of that software. It works really good for me. Good luck.

1 person likes this

I have the full version of that software. It works really good for me. Good luck.

Same here. Really good softaware.

Great product and something I have complete faith in using. He has done a great job working on it. Also be cool to see what he get done as he keeps adding to it.

2 people like this

Great product and something I have complete faith in using. He has done a great job working on it. Also be cool to see what he get done as he keeps adding to it.

Thanks! That is quite a vote of confidence.

Since quite a few guys here (as it turns out) use my software I would like to let you know that I have completely redesigned the speed and feed calculator's interface.

I am inviting you to try it and let me know of your impressions.

Download page is here http://hsmadvisor.com?page=download

Downloaded and testing now. I have 4 different projects I want to push the limits of the machine and tools. Your recommendations and a job recently I did not head and was breaking endmills. I backed down the step over to your recommendation and ran very smooth. Your speeds and feeds were spot on, but I thought 20% step over on a 1/4 endmill sticking out 2.1" would be fine, but your program advised only 9% and when I followed that I did lose some cycle time, but I was popping $55 endmills my way I backed off and 9% was perfect.

Might make the suggestion about were to install in Bold since I fought that all the time with people. They would just install where they wanted and then get pissed when the program acted weird.

1 person likes this

Love the integration with Mastercam X9 works great. I also got it for my tablet to. great tool.

It is still a work in progress.

There are bugs to weed out and things to improve on.

Initially i did not realize the scope of work i would have to do.

But i am getting there!

4 people like this

It is still a work in progress.

There are bugs to weed out and things to improve on.

Initially i did not realize the scope of work i would have to do.

But i am getting there!

I can relate to that I got this one part I am plugging long on. Tons of work I didn't see originally looking at it, but glad the customer gets it and it letting us work with them to get it completed.

1 person likes this