Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

sfm increase with chip thining

Bronson Jasso

i know that when the stepover is less than 50% that the feed can increase to keep the same chip thickness(chip thinning). i was hoping someone would have the formula for the sfm increase if you can get any? the seco salesman in my area had a formula, but he has moved. i looked on seco's website but cant find anything. any help will be great.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Great product and something I have complete faith in using. He has done a great job working on it. Also be cool to see what he get done as he keeps adding to it.

Thanks! That is quite a vote of confidence.

Since quite a few guys here (as it turns out) use my software I would like to let you know that I have completely redesigned the speed and feed calculator's interface.

I am inviting you to try it and let me know of your impressions.

Download page is here http://hsmadvisor.com?page=download

Downloaded and testing now. I have 4 different projects I want to push the limits of the machine and tools. Your recommendations and a job recently I did not head and was breaking endmills. I backed down the step over to your recommendation and ran very smooth. Your speeds and feeds were spot on, but I thought 20% step over on a 1/4 endmill sticking out 2.1" would be fine, but your program advised only 9% and when I followed that I did lose some cycle time, but I was popping $55 endmills my way I backed off and 9% was perfect.

Might make the suggestion about were to install in Bold since I fought that all the time with people. They would just install where they wanted and then get pissed when the program acted weird.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

It is still a work in progress.

There are bugs to weed out and things to improve on.

Initially i did not realize the scope of work i would have to do.

But i am getting there!

I can relate to that I got this one part I am plugging long on. Tons of work I didn't see originally looking at it, but glad the customer gets it and it letting us work with them to get it completed.

• Like 1