Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fanuc 10T

Anybody here still use one of these? On a Mori SL35. Bought a too expensive manual off e-bay and it was pages of drivel on the Symbolic FAPT thing I will never use.

Specific questions:

1. Does it need line numbers?

2. How do you actually run the program once you get it in the controller?

3. Does it drip feed and how do I initiate this?

I'm using a lancnc from calmotion for communicating with it, so far only working one direction but it will be solved by today.

Thanx-

No rush, Glenn from calmotion seems to think there might be a problem with my lancnc since there is no voltage between pins 3 & 7, and 5 & 7... 7 being ground. So even if I did know how to run a program I couldn't get one in there.

Thought something was unusual, I have a few more of these talking to different controllers and have no problems. This one would receive from the controller with no issues but would not transmit.

• 2 weeks later...

Revisiting this, I now have a new LANCNC that talks to the controller just fine. I have put small programs in and did test runs no problem.

Now on to the next hurdle in manipulating this 26 year old dinosaur.

Small was the key word. First program I tried to actually cut with was too large for the memory. I doubled the step size, still too large.

SO I need to drip feed. Anyone dripfeeding an ancient fanuc 10T? So far ellison nor calmotion can come up with anything. I know the lancnc can dripfeed but will the controller do it?

Thanks dude, hoping for a miracle. Anyone that serviced these things should either be retired or passed on. It's about to kill me working on it!

I got angry at the GM today and crabbed at him for a session for buying the thing. No more purchases unless it's inside the decade. Just like our Mazak, fadal and our other mori, they were in the shop for 6 months before we started making money with them, and even then I pulled every rabbit out of my hat I knew how, and some new ones.

Found this:

To set the CNC up for drip feed:

Set "Tape mode" on.

Dripfeed facility on the Fanuc must be enabled. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Hmmmm. I see no tape mode.

Send the program from the computer, then press Cycle Start on the Fanuc.

To pause dripfeed, turn the Feedrate override to 0%.

• 2 weeks later...

"Select Tape mode on the control - Press Cycle Start. At this point nothing happens. Go to the computer and click the 'Send' button. When data begins to flow the machine will start moving

Note: Not all fanucs of this type can drip feed - must be enabled in the control"

slightly reversed order? But no remote/ tape mode ? :(

http://www.dncsetup.com/fanuc10.html

What about a memory upgrade, I think one is a avaliable for the 10M, but a 10T ????? Aftermarket btw

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, I'm sure it could be done somehow but the amount of complication and effort involved surrounding this particular machine has pretty much made up my mind that I need to pursue a career elsewhere. I believe the last rabbit has been pulled from my hat, and unless the coolant gets a thick enough film on top I can't walk on water either.

• 6 years later...