Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

cncchipmaker I would like it to come off the part , though it would be less time consuming to stay on the part then on the last pass at finish depth to come completely off the part.

And I am running a fadal but the macro language seems to be basically the same as fanuc.

OK, one last question. Do you want to climb cut only or would you mind it if the cutter climbed and conventional cut which would save time?

climb and conventional. zig-zag is what I usually use when I program a facing operation. I usually step over 80% of cutter dia. 20% off the edge.

OK cool, I will have to work on it sometime next week I'm pretty busy this weekend. Thanks for responding. I will go ahead and make the stepover percentage a variable since not every application and machine can handle an 80 percent engagement on the tool.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MTB Technical Services

Anyone know if a macro can query the coolant state on a 16-i?  I want to raise an alarm if the manual coolant switch is turned off.

Depends on the builder.

You'll need to actively search the ladder of your machine to find the actual variable used if it is available.

It's likely controlled by a Keep Relay.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The macros that we use constantly and are always stored on our machines are:

Hole macro (helix bore)

Threadmill macro

Angle macro (like a helix bore, but cuts an angled hole and compensates for ballnose, bullnose, or flat endmills)

Slot macro (trochoidal milling a slot in any direction)

Spiral macro (to mill a large bore spiraling out from center)

and a macro to control our Haas rotary units through RS232

They're all used so frequently that I modified my Mastercam post to automatically output the macro call information instead of doing anything longhand.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello! Question how to display the value of  variable on the screen?

#1=[COS[#3]]*[#2]

How to display the value #1 of  variable on the screen?

Where are you trying to display it on?  What are you trying to accomplish?  Give us a little bit more context on what you're trying to do.  Are you just checking to make sure its doing the math right?  You can either unlock macros 1-33 so you can view it on the macro screen or just output #1 to a different area you can see.

#1=[COS[#3]]*[#2]

#100=#1

#3000 will alarm out and stop the program in its track.  Also, I believe it can only output whole integers as well.  Depending on what you want to do, this might or might not be what you want.  

I finished a few for an MCR-A5CII Double Column mill. One does the attachment change. If there is a tool it returns it to the magazine, and then executes the attachment change. Pretty basic.
The other is for the 90° attachment. Instead of calling the head index, tool offset, XY coord. rotation, YZ coordinate rotation, it does it all with one simple command.

Where are you trying to display it on?  What are you trying to accomplish?  Give us a little bit more context on what you're trying to do.  Are you just checking to make sure its doing the math right?  You can either unlock macros 1-33 so you can view it on the macro screen or just output #1 to a different area you can see.

#1=[COS[#3]]*[#2]

#100=#1

#3000 will alarm out and stop the program in its track.  Also, I believe it can only output whole integers as well.  Depending on what you want to do, this might or might not be what you want.  

I want to deduce the answer of the equation on the screen.

• 3 weeks later...

I blend all my tools off before running finishing paths on my cavity and core blocks by doing the following. I will set a g55 wcs of to the side of my work piece. I will then go through the time consuming task of typing in mdi the following.

T1 M6 CYCLE START.

TOOL IS IN SPINDLE

NEXT.

G55 X0 Y0

G54 G43 H1 Z0

This brings tool to location where I can set a relative 0 and handwheel the cutter from the side of block onto the work piece to see if it blends or not and how much it needs adjusted once it does blend.

Next

cutter is blended and off .002

update the offset for tool accordingly and watch that the offset was added or subtracted in the right amount.

next

onto the next tool repeating this process upwards of ten tools or more on each work piece.

anything you can right a macro up for here?? say something I can set the x,y,z values in once time and hit cycle start and it takes tool in spindle to the location given while grabing the wcs and offsets from the macro somehow..

thanks for any help or advice in advance.

Yes you can pull the current absolute positions of your tool using #5001 for x, #5002 for y, and #5003 for z and store those values into variables of your chosing and repeat forthe next tool, so your macro would look like this.

T1M06

#601=#5001

#611=#5002

#621=#5003

T2M06

#602=#5001

#612=#5002

#622=#5003

Ect.

Then pgm

G0X#501Y#511Z#521

Yes you can pull the current absolute positions of your tool using #5001 for x, #5002 for y, and #5003 for z and store those values into variables of your chosing and repeat forthe next tool, so your macro would look like this.

T1M06

#601=#5001

#611=#5002

#621=#5003

T2M06

#602=#5001

#612=#5002

#622=#5003

Ect.

Then pgm

G0X#501Y#511Z#521

I think he means G0X#601Y#611Z#621. :unworthy: :unworthy:

• Like 1

I think he means G0X#601Y#611Z#621. :unworthy: :unworthy:

thanks ron I was looking at that last night and thinking something just dosent look right. I understand macro programing just enough to be dangerous and love to use them but don't know as much as I would like to when it comes to writing them out. Any good books on macro programming for beginners out there in macro language.