Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machine Simulation Is anyone using it?

Bwank1124

Is anyone else using the internal machine simulation with mastercam? I have started using it since we only have two seats of vericut and I am the odd man out right now. I'm just wondering if other people have experience using it. I did pretty much a basic setup right now of a couple of machine, two horizontals and one 5-axis. I attached a few photos. I was also doing some digging around under the machine def manager and see there is a machine configuration. Anyone play around with these? I posted a photo of the machine def. lower right corner is machine config.

post-51662-0-77675400-1395490710_thumb.png

post-51662-0-18557500-1395490750_thumb.png

post-51662-0-19828000-1395490868_thumb.png

post-51662-0-62474300-1395490974_thumb.png

post-51662-0-67215500-1395491235_thumb.png

• Like 1

Yes I have set up about 20 different machines.

They are separate items all together. Be great is there was a relationship from them into the machine simulation, but there is not one that I am ware of. Are you running into specific issues or problems that you need help with solving? What I have done in in the simulation edited the machine and put tombstones and other things that I know will be dedicated to a group of operations and build a machine from that. Then I name it according to that configuration,. You can copy the machines and have as many different configurations as you want. I see a Vice set up so if that is Tomb-810 where you have a Kurt 8" Vice then you could have NHX4000-TOMB-810 as the name. Then on your list you pick that and would have to pick the components to define the vice and tombstone. It also allows you freedom to define the colors you want for each thing, verse them all coking as one color like you are getting now.

HTH

I just wanted to see if people were using it. What their thoughts were on it. I am really new to the X version so this was a big step getting this fart with the machine simulation.

I am also having that same issue with the tool not retracting. Is there any work around on that?

It depends on who I have to build the machine for and what they have available, some I have done some with tape measure, models from online cad forums, or if you are lucky the machine tool builder. Some builders will give you the models if you sign a NDA, and others will charge you.

I think the machine sim is great - I'm trying to rig my mouse to shock me when i hit verify or right click on the tool path.

Does anyone know what the plans are for machine sim - I see it is a module works product.

I also see it has a file open > nc code option.

Does the full blown module works version have true verification (nc code) capabilities like vericut ?

Is this in the future for Mastercam users?

Dan

I use it on my blades, we don't own a toolpath verification program. I would rather deal with false collisions (which I do get) than having something really crash on the machine. It isn't perfect but it will tell you when a tool violates a surface and if you have your holder right it will tell you if the holder hits or not.

I use it to determine minimum tool length out of the holder. I shorten it till it hits something in sim then add .125 or so.

JMC, yes agreed the documentation is not all that great, but once you dive in and understand what the Base Geometry is and then how to attached items and build the machines it is really not all that hard., It is like any other Simulation package work out the Kinematics and then work out the Pivot Positions and good to go. Take a Basic machine and import the STL file and see how one of them are setup then from there see what happens. A good way for people to figure it out is to take the VMC 4th Axis one where the 4th axis is on the right and then move it to the left. Just take the folder and copy it. Name the Folder a new name and rename the xml and the gif to the same name and start working from there. Mastercam is not the easiest when it comes to working with STL files, so if you have Rhino or the Verisurf Reverse Add-on then you will find doing with them much easier. One thing I like to do it fix the Mastercam Logo. Not sure what they did not separate and make it the correct Colors, but that is something I like to do.

HTH

There is a video that was done on how to build a machine for Mach Sim but it wasnt an official video so it couldnt be released i will see if i can locate

it on the web. You can also use Mach Sim with any machine just by choosing the 5AxHeadHead and that does not load a machine, just the tool, holder and workpeice and fixtures. if it is a 3-axis file, the head is locked and it will only move the live axis'.

There is a video that was done on how to build a machine for Mach Sim but it wasnt an official video so it couldnt be released i will see if i can locate

it on the web. You can also use Mach Sim with any machine just by choosing the 5AxHeadHead and that does not load a machine, just the tool, holder and workpeice and fixtures. if it is a 3-axis file, the head is locked and it will only move the live axis'.

Earlier the video was on youtube "Building a virtual machine for simulation - Karlo Аpro", then they deleted it...

Earlier the video was on youtube "Building a virtual machine for simulation - Karlo Аpro", then they deleted it...

Doesn't he work for cncsoftware?

I'd really like to play with the machinesim, but AFAIK it doesn't play well with transform ops, which is a deal breaker for tombstone work. Has anyone had success with getting transform ops to work in machinesim? What about with productivity+?

Doesn't he work for cncsoftware?

I'd really like to play with the machinesim, but AFAIK it doesn't play well with transform ops, which is a deal breaker for tombstone work. Has anyone had success with getting transform ops to work in machinesim? What about with productivity+?

Yes he does.

I have been told Transform operation will be supported but no word when.

If you want to have a probing cycle supported in Machine sim will have to be the dumb way with drill cycles. It will looking a drill cycle and not do a routing like on the machine that is where something with ICAM or Vericut come into the picture.