Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X6 OptiRough, Strange Output

cnc22

Hope I attached the file correctly. Could someone tell me if I am doing something wrong. Running X6 MU1. Simple part. Trying to use OptiCore on this and it would not regen. Went to OptiRough and it only cuts to depth on the thru pockets and starts high and cuts to "Z" zero for the blind pockets from .310 above the part, which is the maximum depth set on the steep/shallow page. I am thinking this "Z" issue is keeping OptiCore from regenerating. I really like the OptiCore path, it makes life so much easier.

OptiRough.zip

post-14449-0-14881200-1395783648_thumb.jpg

I believe core is correct. I have stock defined and if you notice it is cutting the ends but not cutting the front and rear walls on the perimeter of the part. If you change the step over to 10% it cuts the front and rear walls to the proper depth??????

Problem with Min Depth -.222 is it thinks the top of the stock is -.222 when it is really .01 and it rapids into the part. Weird thing is I used OptiCore on 2 similar parts right before this one and it worked fine. If you look at my original post you will see that I am actually trying to use OptiCore on this but it will not finish regenerating. If someone is running X6 MU1 maybe they can change the tool path type to OptiCore and see if it regenerates. Thanks for the help.

it is cutting the ends but not cutting the front and rear walls on the perimeter of the part. If you change the step over to 10% it cuts the front and rear walls to the proper depth??????

on your cont. boundry if you change it to "outside" it will cut the front and rear wall at 25% stepover

Ben, did you try that in X6? I switched it back to OptiCore 7 1/2 hours ago and I have not been at my PC much today and it still has not finished regenerating. If you regen as OptiRough do you get the starnge out put like the .jpg in my first post?

If you run into a problem like this delete the toolpath and create a new one. In this case I had to delete your tool as well. I would never wait than long for a toolpath to regen. Like Crazy said force it shut and start over.