Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool Manager Glitchy?

DPARKS

I have been trying to make tool assemblies in the Mastercam Tool Manager and I can creat the assembly, drag and drop the holder to the assembly, but when I try to drag and drop the tool to the assembly it will not work. It just displays the circle with the line through it and will not attach to the assembly. Anyone have this problem?

I have been trying to make tool assemblies in the Mastercam Tool Manager and I can creat the assembly, drag and drop the holder to the assembly, but when I try to drag and drop the tool to the assembly it will not work. It just displays the circle with the line through it and will not attach to the assembly. Anyone have this problem?

I had It when X7 came out, haven't tried it since !

I have found this as well. It will let me drag and drop sometimes, and other times not. To be honest, for me it is pretty much unusable at the moment. I find it quicker just to create the tools in the usual way, and leave the holder and tool definitions to Vericut :)

I did a WebEx webinar with the kind folks in Tool Manager Dev. at CNC Software . They saw the lag on my computer (which was definitely a solid rig) and said "wow, that does take a long time".

:rofl:

They understood why I created tools the way I did after that.

:yes

• 2 weeks later...

I hope this helps out! I noticed yesterday that if I want to make a assemblie and im getting the red circle, I just click on 1 of the tool name or holder name in the tool or length offset in the tool bar and it sorts them and moves the tool I want up the list and then lets me select it:)

Hope this helps someone as it works for me.

DPARKS,

I did a webinar on the Tool Manager recently and had the same issue, so I contacted CNC software about the issue so I didn't look like a fool.

The key to getting it to work is to first definitively click on the tool or holder you're trying to drag, then after you click on it once, try to click and drag it. That works every time for me now.