Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Which toolpath should I use?

Delcandoit

Hello all! I have one of those "What toolpath should I use" types of questions. I have a thin wall ITAR part I'm working on that has rigidity issues due to being on a 5-axis out of necessity but forces some pretty long tools and such. Many deep pockets with acute angles and the like.

Long story short, I need to be able to drive against surfaces and use thin wall techniques. The pocket in question would be an open pocket, 0.06 walls, and acute angles. Dynamic Core with a thin wall finish pass similar to a Surface Rough Pocket that can be driven against a 3D model would be the perfect toolpath. When using the Surface Rough Pocket I have to go inside out or outside in and this is more of a Waterline open pocket. Since it is ITAR I can't share the file but I will try to work on a dummy file to give a visual.

So, is there a toolpath that can rough with dynamic/opti and take 2-3 finish steps for every rough step?