Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

bug nr. D-06356

Smrk

Bug description:

When a tool is used by multiple operations, double clicking, editing, and electing to create a new tool is no longer editing the original tool and then not updating the original toolpath.

I think, this bug is not fixed in MU2. I still have this problem.

I took a minute to review the original defect and re-test on a clean X7-MU2 install. I created a simple contour operation and copied it after itself using drag and drop in the toolpath manager. I then edited the second operation by clicking on the parameters. From the tool page I right clicked on the tool and selected 'Edit'. I changed the diameter and exited the dialog using the green check button. Upon exiting a message box appeared warning me that the tool was used in more than one operation. This message box provided the following options:

1. Update tool and all operations that use this tool (default)
  2. Create a new tool
  3. Cancel tool changes

Selecting the first option updated both operations (still using the same tool with the new diameter) and marked both operations dirty.

Selecting the second option added a new tool and updated the operation I was editing without affecting the original operation.

The third option returned me to the tool parameters page without updating the tool or marking anything dirty.

For good measure I made sure the ESC key and the red 'X' in the upper right hand corner of the message box behaved exactly the same as selecting the cancel option.

Everything seems to be working as expected when I start from a new file. If you're using an existing file double check to make sure the operations are still using the same tool.