Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

By Heidenhain 530, do I need to modify 5 axis NC code if the material datum is rotated?

Hello,

I just got a case use head-head 5 axis machine with Heidenhain iTNC530 controller and probe. The 5 axis NC program I create is working well in the VeriCut simulation. But when the operator clamp the material with a C rotate by probe, the tool angle got problem as my picture. It should be a flat surface by flat end-mill machining, but my tool angle is wrong.

When I use wheel to move the spindle, the X and Y can align withe the material. Is there any setting on the controller missing? Or I need to add some M code in the NC code to let the controller to add the rotate angle to the toolpath?

Thank you!

Hans

post-49562-0-65216300-1399085430_thumb.jpg

If it's anything like Tilted Work Plane in FANUC, A and C will rotate to create a flat surface so C will be skewed even when you think it should not be.

Vericut is not going to show that because you've introduced an external variable into the mix.

(edited for spelling - should not have read Tilted Eork Plane)

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your ideas. I found a Heidenhain 530 user. He told me that if the datum in the controller setting is correct, when you put X0, Y0, C0 the rotary table's 0 degree should align to the new datum's X axis or whatever axis should be aligned. So the problem is the operator didn't set correctly in the machine.

• Like 1