Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Creating a vector normal to surface

Have you tried creating an offset surface and projecting the point you have onto the newly created offset surface with the setting to "normal"?

Would the new point be in the same spot where I could draw a line between the two points and that line would be perpendicular to the original surface?

have you tried pierce points in X7 Verisurf? I can't get it to work properly and I received no reply to a bug report I sent in

Oddly enough, I was just using it yesterday and it worked fine...and ran across this post. I did have to unshade the surface in order to pick the point tho.

Oddly enough, I was just using it yesterday and it worked fine...and ran across this post. I did have to unshade the surface in order to pick the point tho.

Yep. Just walked out and helped our inspector do exactly this with the surface I made this post about. Worked perfectly.

gcode, I was using it a little different than your sample. I was getting a line of an existing point, not a point off a line. you are correct tho, the results are way different. I even tried making a line off the points you created, and that result is different.....hopefully Ron will track something down.