Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4th axis indexing

dryan1

There are a few ways to accomplish this. You can either create tool planes or use a transform operation to accomplish this. They have books and manuals on this that you can purchase off this website at the store, look for an axis positioning training manual. You can probably find videos on youtube showing how to accomplish this as well, after a quick search i found you this which may show you everything you need to know to accomplish what you are after. youtube link below

You program it correctly. :turned: Sorry not known as the nice guy around here.

Okay smarty how do you do that. Well I program it using my Top WCS as my primary if the model is in the correct orientation and position. I then use my T-C Plane that is at each index if I want to make it harder and take longer to program, but want to see it in Machine Simulation. If I do not care for Machine Simulation I do transform Toolpath and rotate around my Right View or my Left View the number of time I need ot cut it. In this case 5 times from my previous operation that was done in the top view to cut one flat. I post it and done. Next part of that is I am using the correct machine and control definition. I have also taken the time to make sure my post is set up correctly and configured for my machine.

Welcome to the forum and stick around a while if you care to learn. There are some people who know what they are doing and should be able to help you out.

• Like 3

There are a few ways to accomplish this. You can either create tool planes or use a transform operation to accomplish this. They have books and manuals on this that you can purchase off this website at the store, look for an axis positioning training manual. You can probably find videos on youtube showing how to accomplish this as well, after a quick search i found you this which may show you everything you need to know to accomplish what you are after. youtube link below

this is the book i was referring to - http://www.emastercam.com/board/index.php?app=nexus&module=payments&section=store&do=item&id=518 , they may even have a PDF of this.

. Next part of that is I am using the correct machine and control definition. I have also taken the time to make sure my post is set up correctly and configured for my machine.

Without the proper machine and control definition and a post that is set up properly you will be hand editing.

:pc:

Most of the repeat rotary work I do at my work, uses manual entries due having haas boxes operated by mcodes. Now that we have more true 4th axis machines I either change the manual entry or use axis sub. The majority of the work is just indexing holes however.

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the repeat rotary work I do at my work, uses manual entries due having haas boxes operated by mcodes. Now that we have more true 4th axis machines I either change the manual entry or use axis sub. The majority of the work is just indexing holes however.

Setup your post to output the Haas box M-codes. I really hate those Haas boxes.