Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Save Tool Arrangements In Toolpath and Tool Selection Windows?!?!

RyanS13

Have had this problem for a while, and it's driving me crazy. I know there has to be some way to fix it, I just cant figure it out. It happened to me at my last job and somehow cured itself, but now that I'm at the new company, the problem is back.

The issue I'm having is, I can't get the tool arrangements to save for me when I go to pick a tool after creating a toolpath. If I move the sliders to the way I want them, the next time I open up the toolpath window they'll have already reset; same with the tool selection window, every time I open it, the top bar sliders reset and the arrangement(arrange by tool#, diameter, type, etc.) resets as well. The sliders get so small that I can't even see the information without manually fixing them every single time.Here are some screenshots for reference on whats happening.

RCl3ff9.png

SW1XVTH.png

This is how I would like for it to be saved. Arranged by diameter, and with the sliders like this.

bklTs72.png

If anyone can give me some insight on how I can fix this, it will be greatly appreciated and will save me from a lot of frustration.

Thanks!

It will stay but only for that single time I change it. As soon as I close it and re-open it, they will reset right back to the way they are in the first two screenshots. I literally have to slide them over every single time I create a tool path, it is beyond frustrating. I also had this problem with X6 at my last job.

I'm beginning to think something is corrupt or something like that with my configuration files, but I don't have any problems with anything else. This is the only issue. It seems like if there was something corrupt with the configuration files this wouldn't be my only issue.

Just like Ron said, you could also try setting the columns the way you like, then save your CONFIG file.

Also, make sure you have read/write privileges to the MC install folder, including:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\shared Mcamx6

C:\Users\yourUserName\Documents\my mcamx6

X7 (MU2)

I'm seeing that these "list view" column settings are stored in the Registry.

*You can even delete the Registry keys (listed below) and they will be re-created the next time you exit the dialog.

1st screen - The 'Mill Tool Display' list (accessed from Toolpath Parameters) ->

If a re-arrange the columns, when I exit the parameters dialog I can see the the values store under this key get updated.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CNC Software, Inc.\Mastercam X7\GUI\Mill Tool Display\Tool List Settings

2nd screen - The 'Mill Tool Library Selection' list (accessed via Select Library Tool) is stored here ->

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CNC Software, Inc.\Mastercam X7\GUI\Mill Tool Library Selection\Tool List Settings

To prove to myself that these were used from session to session.

I re-arranged the columns as shown below.

Then exited Mastercam.

Then restarted X7 and created a new toolpath and...

When I go to 'Select Library Tool' the columns remained as I had set them in the previous session.

MillToolLibrarySelectionList.png