Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Version 9 and Windows 7

METAL4GOD

I ran with the virtual machine and XP for a few months, but it was slow and a little awkward. If you forget to releas the hasp, you have to restart the computer to use a version that runs on 7. Kinda of a pain overall. It was enough to get an upgrade from management installed. Thats the interesting part. We have maintenance and had ever upgrade version. They just wouldn't give me enough access to load them and IT didn't want to take the time. Running X6 now. Can't get a new system for X7!

I

I am currently using mc9 on windows 2000 operating system. We will soon be upgrading with new computers with windows 7 and wanted to try and find out if there were any compatibility issues , and if so what are the remedies?

Use XP.

You will be able to find old computers that will run ver 9 with XP forever.

People will give them away. Ver 9 requires very little power.

Just dont get one with onboard intel grafix and your solid.

I still have ver 9 running at my shop. Use it every day as it is installed on my dnc puter. It is the best cad program ever to be made. I use it for conversational programming...kinda sorta....

I also pay maintenance and have ver 8.....love it...

also have

Thanks for all the helpful information. Looks like i may just be stuck with my old machine. The company is upgrading computers throughout the entire company now that Xp is no longer windows supported. It looks as though i will just be disconnected from the network.

Due to security reasons I probably will be removed from the network having an un updateable browser and op system is the main reason for the upgrade to windows 7 throughout the company. My system would be the only one plugged into the network with potential security issues. Plus as it is now its tough to navigate the internet with such an outdated browser really wish the new op system was compatible with v9.

Due to security reasons I probably will be removed from the network having an un updateable browser and op system is the main reason for the upgrade to windows 7 throughout the company. My system would be the only one plugged into the network with potential security issues. Plus as it is now its tough to navigate the internet with such an outdated browser really wish the new op system was compatible with v9.

The longer you holdout running the older software the more difficult it will be to transition to the latest version,...

• Like 1

Why not keeping your old PC for Mastercam use only and getting a new one for everything else

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

i just installed MC v9.0 on windows 7. it works good.

if you get some trouble in useing MC9 on win7, just right kick the icon of mc9, and selcect options---competion mode of WINDOWS XP, it should work.

hope it will help.

I

I am currently using mc9 on windows 2000 operating system. We will soon be upgrading with new computers with windows 7 and wanted to try and find out if there were any compatibility issues , and if so what are the remedies?

hi,

i just installed MC v9.0 on windows 7. it works good.

if you get some trouble in useing MC9 on win7, just right kick the icon of mc9, and selcect options---competion mode of WINDOWS XP, it should work.

hope it will help.

It would be interesting to know how you did that.

In my experience the V9 hasp drivers will not install on Win 7

I have V9 installed and working on 64bit Windows 7. This only works if your using a NetHasp that is installed on a different computer system on a network.

Ernie

Yes.. I had forgotten that

V9 runs at work on my employer's nethasp... It will not run at home on my personal USB hasp

V9....reminiscent of the folks running SmartCAM 10 YEARS AFTER IT'S DEMISE and the folks still running V6.13a when V9 was out.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I get not updating for the sake of updating but there are SO many reasons to not use old software, especially software THAT old. V9 was out when I was still teaching.

:rofl:

I sometimes get an old V7 or V8 solid that won't open properly in X versions.

A trip through V9 usually solves that problem.

We've also got an old seat of V9 Verisurf to support, but a new hire, a new Romer Arm

and a new seat of X7 Verisurf have eliminated that problem :smoke:

• Like 1

V9....reminiscent of the folks running SmartCAM 10 YEARS AFTER IT'S DEMISE and the folks still running V6.13a when V9 was out.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I get not updating for the sake of updating but there are SO many reasons to not use old software, especially software THAT old. V9 was out when I was still teaching.

:rofl:

Its a matter of finance, Our shop is a small operation and have to be careful with the budget.