Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5 Axis Help

CamMan1

Yes it is a 16M control. It was built November of 1995. I hate to admit it but I have no idea what an NIT system is or APT source. Could you please explain. I really appreciate the feedback. We did manage to eliminate the problem. We changed the post by adjusting brk_mv_head from 3 Degrees to 1 Degrees and changing brk_tol from .001 to .0001. Then in my parameters in Swarf I changed Angle increment to .5 Degrees which I did not even have turned on. My Bad. Then changed Wall Following method to Cut Tolerance of .0002 and Max Step to .010. I attached pictures to show the difference it made. Went from .010 deep gouges to .0002 deep transition marks. I am happy with it as long as it stays this way.

Excellent! .0002" is not bad at all.

Glad to hear you resolved this.

Sorry I didn't back till now to thank you all. I kinda got behind resolving the gouge issue. It had bit me in the past and I decided I wasn't going to let it happen again. I have been told to just move on and figure another way to cut it on the next one. Well I was bound and determined to do it the way I believed it should be done. I am kinda stubborn that way. I knew if I didn't take the initiative to figure it out on my own that no one else where I work was going to help. Just to let you know that after I modified the post I initially had my Ange Increment set to .1 and my Max Step set to .005. Wow you want to talk about a lot of code for a little pocket. IT was kinda comical. The control had such a hard time processing the code that instead of it looking like it was cutting 15 IPM it looked like .1 IPM. The operator swore that the tool wasn't moving. That's when I changed to .5 Angle Increment and .010 Max Step.

Thank You All For Your Help. It was greatly appreciated and informative.

• Like 1