Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X4 on Windows 7

maestro

Will X4 run on Windows 7 64 bit? Got a new box, but when I try to start X4, I get no sim found. I know, new computer, but not up to date on maintenance, don't get me started on that. Do I need different drivers? Any help would be appreciated.

First thing you should check is NhaspX. This is found in your start menu-->all programs-->Mastercam X4 folder-->Utilities--->NhaspX

If you're using a normal hasp, make sure its set to local and hasp.

If it is a nethasp make sure its set to nethasp and network.

In my experience if this doesn't fix it, its a simple registry fix:

search for regedit.exe in your start up search, then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-->software-->CNC software inc

when you click on "CNC software inc" you should see where it says "sim type", H stands for hasp and N stands for nethasp. Make sure that is set accordingly. To change it, double click on sim type and you can change the value.

I am not sure the 32bit program will run correctly on the 64 bit system. That is really your issue here is you are trying to run a 32bit application in a 64bit environment.

Until X4 runs for the 1st time the registry is not fully written. Need to look at the nhapsx.exe and hasp.exe programs in the start menu and see what they are set to. Might need to look for different drivers to run them. I think there has been several topics about this over the last couple years and if you got the correct drivers you could get something to happen. A call to MLC Cad would help you a bunch.

Will X4 run on Windows 7 64 bit?

work fine here. But be sure that X4 is installed in the program files (x86) folder!

If you have already installed it in the 64bit program files directory, then you have a big problem.

Simply deinstallation from the 64bit directory, and fresh install in the 32bit directory doesnt work.

(according to my experience) first i also had errors with the sim, then error on error.

Good luck.