Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Closing Slowly

SGarofolo

I am working with a guy who has just installed Mastercam on a new computer. The computer is beefed up to new versions of Mastercam, however, the issue he is having is that his Mastercam takes about 45sec-1min to close. The software is running excellent on that system, it just closes as slow as molasses.

Any thoughts on what would be causing this?

Is it a HDD or an SSD?

Does the HDD need to be defrag'd?

Is your anti-virus causing it?

Does it do it in safe mode?

Does it do it if you just open and then close immediately on a fresh boot?

The only times I've had this problems with other programs is when a program uses a ton of memory whether it be RAM or my video card memory.

We have a similar situation. Seats on 3 very similar, high end systems. X7 takes about 10 seconds to close on my system, about 30 seconds on another, and about 50 seconds on the third. All computers on the same network, with similar settings, installed by the same guy.

No idea why the software would take so long to close on that one system. :question:

Is it a HDD or an SSD?

Does the HDD need to be defrag'd?

Is your anti-virus causing it?

Does it do it in safe mode?

Does it do it if you just open and then close immediately on a fresh boot?

The only times I've had this problems with other programs is when a program uses a ton of memory whether it be RAM or my video card memory.

Thanks for the help!

-No need for d'fraging, its a new computer

-Its an HHD. They just powered it up and installed Mcam X7 on it.

-Anti-virus is a possibility

-Yes, it does it on a fresh boot.

-I figured it was a memory issue too (still makes the most sense), but it was the only major application running at the time. Like i said, they powered it up, installed Mastercam, then called me to help them set up their posts and configs. Should be a fresh computer, not sure whats eating all of the memory.

We have a similar situation. Seats on 3 very similar, high end systems. X7 takes about 10 seconds to close on my system, about 30 seconds on another, and about 50 seconds on the third. All computers on the same network, with similar settings, installed by the same guy.

No idea why the software would take so long to close on that one system. :question:

He has another computer a few feet away that runs fine! Set up the exact same way... to my knowledge at least.