Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Static tools in Mastercam?

crazy^millman

What are some of the other peoples thoughts about this topic?

Does anyone know of a CAM system that does this in the Verification and Simulation?

I have used Finish in Lathe and Point along with Mill 3D contour. In Mill 3D Contour and Point toolpath.

How do you normally program it?

I think there are much bigger fish to fry in the grand scheme of things, but trying to send something to someone showing a finished part that does not look like the finished part makes it hard for them to feel comfortable I am not really crazy.

I put this below 100's things on the needs to be done list for Mastercam, but maybe some others can shed some different light on this subject that maybe I am not seeing.

Thanks in advance for comments suggestion or ideas.  

I see the need but, I'm not sure if  its high on the list as of being a reality with any cam vendor as a new feature. I would love to see it on both mills and lathe, I think it would be a plus and a good selling point for whoever doses it first in the industry.