Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

VERISURF TOOLS For MASTERCAM 2024

It looks like Verisurf 2021 is not going to run in mastercam 2021 Update 2. I get a whole bunch of errors in the log file at startup

Thanks for the heads up.

Looks like Mastercam SDK has changed something, 🤔  We will need to make a new build for Mastercam 2021 Update 2.
Stay tuned for new Install for 2021 Update 2 

Ernie

Yeah this was pretty weird

I installed Update 2 yesterday

Today one instance on MC2021 would launch fine, try to launch a 2nd and it would hang, failing to launch

I opened the Mastercam logging file and when I launched the second instance on MC2021, the logging file showed a steady stream

of error

Failure to launch a Verisurf chook. I uninstalled Verisurf for MC2021 and multiple instances of MC launch correctly.

I found it here

https://www.verisurf.com/verisurf-tools-for-mastercam/

I installed it, but the same problem persists.

A very long launch time and an error log full of entries like this

ERROR (L13,C:\Program Files\Mastercam 2021\Mastercam\CHOOKS\1Verisurf.ft): Unable to open resource module CHooks\Verisurf\1Verisurf.dll.

Ernie,

I saved a copy of the error log if you want it

4 hours ago, Verisurf - Ernie Husted said:

You should be installing VERISURF_2021_TOOLS-MC for Mastercam 2021 Release or 2021 Update 1
I will take VERISURF_2021_UPDATE2_TOOLS-MC down, I guess they did not release 2021 Update 2.🤔

Ernie

MC2012 update 2 is in beta... I installed VERISURF_2021_UPDATE2_TOOLS-MC and got the problems described above 

check your support email addy 

Does the same thing happen when you install VERISURF_2021_TOOLS-MC?

the original Verisurf install ran fine in MC2021 and MC2021 Update 1

Installing Mastercam Update 2 broke Verisurf Tools and caused lengthy MC launch times

The Verisurf Update 2 file I downloaded this morning did not fix this and I had to uninstall it.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this has something to do with what version of Windows 10 you are running

My system at home works properly and is fully updated

My system at work has the same issue you do and IT has so far refused to install Windows 10 Version 2004

On 10/5/2020 at 3:50 PM, Verisurf - Ernie Husted said:

Added Verisurf Tools for Mastercam 2021 Update 2

Only installs if you have Mastercam 2021 Update 2 installed.

Ernie

Yeah that fixed it, we all have verisurf now cause our reseller said moldplus wont run without it.

Still doesn't run, but the update 2 free tools fixed all the errors with verisurf.

5 minutes ago, byte me said:

Yeah that fixed it, we all have verisurf now cause our reseller said moldplus wont run without it.

Still doesn't run, but the update 2 free tools fixed all the errors with verisurf.

What still doesn't run?
If you install Verisurf update 2 after you installed Moldplus then Moldplus should then work. 

Ernie

3 minutes ago, Verisurf - Ernie Husted said:

What still doesn't run?
If you install Verisurf update 2 after you installed Moldplus then Moldplus should then work. 

Ernie

Moldplus isn't working, it works on 2018 not 2021.

I get a license code error, but we should have the latest codes, I provided everything to my IT from their website.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2020 at 2:51 PM, Verisurf - Ernie Husted said:

What still doesn't run?

Ernie

Do you offer a Catia Translator?

4 minutes ago, Verisurf - Ernie Husted said:

Yes we do, and so does your local Mastercam reseller.

Ernie

Yes, Moldplus is part of our maintenance, however I am unhappy with the support, we have an unresolved issue where it won't work in 2021. we got 2021 when it first came out and have been stuck having 2 Mastercams open to use the converter.

3 minutes ago, byte me said:

Yes, Moldplus is part of our maintenance, however I am unhappy with the support, we have an unresolved issue where it won't work in 2021. we got 2021 when it first came out and have been stuck having 2 Mastercams open to use the converter.

I know about the issue with Mastercam 2021 Update 2 , CNC made SDK changes that caused some problems with Verisurf and Moldplus uses Verisurf MBD tools.  Both Verisurf and Moldplus had to make special build for a new install for 2021 Update 2 that fixes this.

Did you try the new Moldplus install for 2021 Update 2?

I can help you fix the problem if your still having a problem.

Ernie