Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machining time estimation run too far.

Omar_IME

Hi, I had a case that i cannot solve even until now. The time estimated in Mastercam X6 run too far from the original.(about 6 hours longer than real machining time). He's using contour toolpath for all of his 6 toolpaths for this project. As far as i know, if drilling/bore toolpath, it would make a large time estimation differences rather than real machining time. But in this case, he only use 6 contour toolpaths but the estimation time has 6 hours differences from real maching time. Can someone help me with this?  

^^^^ +100000000000000^^^^^^^^   most of the time when doing any of the tool settings or tool path settings for the first time they are off by a lot  but one you set them they should be were you leave them until they change  or get buggy. Also check your material settings and see if the tool is going by default tool speeds or materials speeds. 

I try to get the program so that i can try in my computer, but due to the file considered as confidential so, i can't access it. same goes to Z2G. they resist me to take their setting. Already 2 months pending this case, I already check some of their program setting. We use Metric as our units.

Feedrate : 40-600 

Plunge rate : 10-200

Spindle speed : 8500-15500

Tool time change : 2.0s

Dimension of stock : 100*50*10 mm

:ouch:  stuck with this. someone help me