Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

You have been programming too long when......

BCW

Why is that when ever I use stock model to finish my lawn it always misses spots or rapids through trees?.... 

I 'read' that stock model is only good for simple shapes and it bogs down on real complicated shapes.

Therefore, I suggest you move house and downsize to something with a small square garden (or maybe a rectangle) with no poncy borders and all should be good :D

You need to build a fence all the way around the yard, then build another fence half the width of your lawnmower inside of that. That way went you run your lawnmower and say, "Hey, I don't want you to cut this check fence," and it says, "check surfaces are gonna be treated as mow surfaces, beyoch," you still have the outside fence left when you're done.

Just try to avoid building any gaps, i.e. no gates or doors.

• Like 2

I've used stock model on all kinds of complicated/organic shapes

To be fair, I haven't had a problem with it and we're doing 120op parts on 4th axis (rotary) work.

Prismatics with some scanned type faces but not tooooo much surfacing and it has worked very well.

Hence my comment was 'read'...

Anyway, I've got to go home now and water the garden. We're having a great summer here - it's upto 25degC :thumbsup:

I got so tired of trying to get my current machine to cut the grass the proper way with a lovely 2D high speed spiral from the exact center of the lawn with 2 staggered finish passes along the borders that I gave up and hired the kid next door to do it with his package.

Unfortunately due to some kind of misunderstanding he didn't cut it for 3 weeks and still demanded I pay the invoice !!

You need to build a fence all the way around the yard, then build another fence half the width of your lawnmower inside of that. That way went you run your lawnmower and say, "Hey, I don't want you to cut this check fence," and it says, "check surfaces are gonna be treated as mow surfaces, beyoch," you still have the outside fence left when you're done.

Just try to avoid building any gaps, i.e. no gates or doors.

Lol , love it

I use the dynamic area mill first, roughing  the outside and inside pockets depending on alcohol consumption I use the helix entry method with a 22" push mower at 1 1/2 to 2 miles an hour, then I restmill with a 42" rider around 5 miles an hour at full depth. It only crashes when my kids go outside the boundaries...