Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

can bus node lost

rempie

i have a older machine with a anilam 3300m controller. we use surfcam which is linked to machine with a ethernet cable. at the machine, programs must be converted to conversational format before running.

my question is, we are having a problem with the program randomly stopping when doing surfacing type work, followed by an error msg which reads...can bus node lost. does anyone know how to fix this issue?

I've never heard of "CAN Bus" being used in machine tools; usually on your car part of the OBDII system.

The error relates to an issue with the network of the controller itself, poor cabling, flaky I/O or drive unit.

Nothing to do with surfcam, mastercam, post,  Gcode, or DNC IMHO

HTH

Allan