Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Dual Monitors

Hertz

Hey guys, I am having trouble getting Mastercam to open on my 2nd monitor. No matter how many times i move it to the 2nd monitor, resize it, maximize it, etc, it always resorts to opening on the primary monitor. I know on my last computer this was not an issue. Does anyone know what may be causing this?

No. Its AMD Radeon 6800 Series. I don't know anything about AMD. This is the first computer I've ever had with AMD/ATI. Is this card even a workstation card?

I have an ATI Firepro V7800 card sitting here that I could use if its better. Not sure though.

Hey guys, I am having trouble getting Mastercam to open on my 2nd monitor. No matter how many times i move it to the 2nd monitor, resize it, maximize it, etc, it always resorts to opening on the primary monitor. I know on my last computer this was not an issue. Does anyone know what may be causing this?

Do you mean just opening it causes the problem? But you can move it after it's open and it will stay on the second monitor?

I have this problem whenever I open X7, but with X8 it will open on the last monitor used.

lol that worked. Very weird indeed. Thank you though

Nevermind. That only works for opening from the exe. If I open another existing file from the server, it opens on the first. I will check out the control panel to see if I can get it working.

By the way what card is better? 

This Radeon 6800 or the Firepro V7800? I believe one is a gaming card and the other is a workstation.

• Like 1

Nevermind. That only works for opening from the exe. If I open another existing file from the server, it opens on the first. I will check out the control panel to see if I can get it working.

By the way what card is better? 

This Radeon 6800 or the Firepro V7800? I believe one is a gaming card and the other is a workstation.

the Firepro for sure, google them, i have a 6800 at home not a bad card tho

This seems to be isolated to Mastercam only. Any other programs I have will remember to open on the 2nd monitor. Mastercam on the other hand refuses to open on the 2nd monitor. I can't seem to find anywhere in the Catalyst Control center to force it to open there. Any other suggestions? Is this a gpu driver issue?

swap , make #2 primary

No, that didn't work. I've been playing around and it seems it will open wherever the launch icon is as djstedman said. If I open a file off the server, it opens on monitor 1. Here's the kicker, if I click the shortcut folder to the server, and I drag the open dialog box to monitor 2, it will open on monitor 2. I have set it like this for now. IT does not know why its doing that. He said he will look into it. But it seems to open on whatever monitor the open or launch icon is. 

It depends on the video card.. and the settings but for me if I drag the different dialogs to different monitors they will stay there..

Another trick that sometimes works is if you shrink a window then drag to a different monitor and maximize it then close it .. it will usually open on the last monitor it was maximized on.

if you're running an NVIDIA graphics card, go to the Control Panel

and run the Desktop Manager utility

My left screen is my main but I put mastercam on my Right screen with the operations manager on the right side of the left screen.

I Tried this and I am not sure what I did but I messed something up.   I just opened up the desktop manager and clicked around and I did not see anything that made sense to me about keeping certain programs on certain screens. so I closed it but now every time I do anything in mastercam my operations manager jumps from the Right side of left screen to the left side. any thoughts on how to correct this.  Its very annoying.    

Thanks   

Have any of you guys tried a 4k monitor yet?

http://www.seiki.com/products/tv/SE39UY04-detail.php

I picked one of these up at Tiger Direct for 349.00 with a 50 dollar rebate! Looks awesome! You have to have a good graphics card to be able to run it though. Either one of the newer Quadro K series cards or some of the FX series cards will run it. My FX 3800 at home runs it fine, but my Quadro 4000 at work just goes black and crashes when trying to run it at full resolution. Having just one of these monitors is the same as having four 1080P monitors with none of the frames around them!

I really want to get another graphics card so I can run this monitor in the middle with two Dell Ultra sharps on the side in portrait mode for the ops and level manager!