Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

(D1) Cutter Comp notice

Guest MTB Technical Services

"A Feed value only needs to be on a line with an interpolation G-Code"....lol...Where in the Fanuc (or any other controller) manual you read that?

There are 2 things to that:

1-st If you r using for a tool just a single feed value then that's the way to go:

"S2000F10.M3"...why?...easy for everyone to see and change the cutting parameters...and u cannot beat that.

2-nd If u r using different feed values for a cutter, I always have those values in the beginning of the tool change for the same reason.

Me,operator or whoever, can easily see/adjust the cutting parameters for that tool

Ex:  #510=200.(FEED FOR ..)

#511=80.(FEED FOR ..)

S2000F#510M03

……….....and again u cannot beat that.

“If you have multiple features using CRC, forget about adjusting the value in the register while the machine is running.”… ..do you wanna do that?ok.. So..you run the cutter then let’s say you stop and check a feature what you just machine with that cutter then you change the tool offs and then just hit start again and continue? That’s the scenario?(that if  you don’t wanna go back and re-machine the features already finished with the old value) Ok..if u do that, no one stop you, when you realize that you need to change that value, changeit in tool register, go in MDI and run just the D value again…then continue…same thing, but again ..you don’t need to have the D declared all over the program. Operators do that a lot, especially with feed val…in the middle of a tool if they wanna change the feed and they don’t want to reset, they just go in single block, stop, go MDI, new feed value, back to machining, simple.

If I have different D values (rarely) for the same tool (I preffer different aproach), same thing like with feed, I put their value in some #.

Sorry bud, but who gives you the right to say what’s standard practice or poor practice btw. As I pointed above for every example I give you an answer, and a better solution. Just getting stuck in one only way of doing things on bashing other ones way of doing things, if they r different then yours, don’t make u right. But don't worry there is allways room for improvement, and all our life we learning something...that if we want...

Cheers

Try paying attention McFly.

Obviously reading comprehension isn't your strongest skill

An F-Word feed value can be on any line but it MUST be on a line with a G-Code interpolation command IF there is no modal value.

If there is no modal value and an interpolation command is given without a feedrate you WILL get a feed alarm.

You do know what the word 'Modal' means?

Secondly, I was speaking about changing the VALUE in the offset register and NOT the register number.

It's very common for in-process inspection to have to adjust register values while running.

Your method is a poor way to handle CRC for a tool that cuts multiple features.

It's obvious you weren't trained properly in CNC Programming or in using a FANUC control because your code looks like a bloody abortion.

Justify it any way you want.

Any idiot who has his feed value output on the spindle command line doesn't really know CNC as well as he thinks he does. :rolleyes:

Run it any way you like.

I wouldn't let you near a 5-axis machine with that Rube Goldberg syntax of yours.

• Like 1

Try paying attention McFly.

Obviously reading comprehension isn't your strongest skill

An F-Word feed value can be on any line but it MUST be on a line with a G-Code interpolation command IF there is no modal value.

If there is no modal value and an interpolation command is given without a feedrate you WILL get a feed alarm.

You do know what the word 'Modal' means?

Secondly, I was speaking about changing the VALUE in the offset register and NOT the register number.

It's very common for in-process inspection to have to adjust register values while running.

Your method is a poor way to handle CRC for a tool that cuts multiple features.

It's obvious you weren't trained properly in CNC Programming or in using a FANUC control because your code looks like a bloody abortion.

Justify it any way you want.

Any idiot who has his feed value output on the spindle command line doesn't really know CNC as well as he thinks he does. :rolleyes:

Run it any way you like.

I wouldn't let you near a 5-axis machine with that Rube Goldberg syntax of yours.

Bud...lol...u really didnt't like a chalange...lol..u got 2much of a ego..

"An F-Word feed value can be on any line but it MUST be on a line with a G-Code interpolation command IF there is no modal value" ----not true..

"Secondly, I was speaking about changing the VALUE in the offset register and NOT the register number."-same..you change offset value, then go mdi run D # again then run..

"It's obvious you weren't trained properly in CNC Programming or in using a FANUC control because your code looks like a bloody abortion."------lol..I see U r not trained buddy..I use 2run codes like u, and btw..u dont know how my codes looks like..but if u wanna c a sample I can providit 2u..maybe you'll learn something ...but I doubt

buddy..u just venting

Guest MTB Technical Services

Bud...lol...u really didnt't like a chalange...lol..u got 2much of a ego..

"An F-Word feed value can be on any line but it MUST be on a line with a G-Code interpolation command IF there is no modal value" ----not true..

"Secondly, I was speaking about changing the VALUE in the offset register and NOT the register number."-same..you change offset value, then go mdi run D # again then run..

"It's obvious you weren't trained properly in CNC Programming or in using a FANUC control because your code looks like a bloody abortion."------lol..I see U r not trained buddy..I use 2run codes like u, and btw..u dont know how my codes looks like..but if u wanna c a sample I can providit 2u..maybe you'll learn something ...but I doubt

buddy..u just venting

Tell that to a company running a lights -out process.

You do NOT interrupt a running process to MDI an offset register. :rolleyes:

You are obviously a newbie programmer who has limited experience.

You aren't qualified to push a cycle start button much less lecture someone else about programming.

I've been doing this  a LOT longer than you have.

Newbies, like yourself, who pretend to know what they're doing, give themselves away by the crap code they produce.

You're no different.

Run it any way you like.

• Like 1

Tell that to a company running a lights -out process.

You do NOT interrupt a running process to MDI an offset register. :rolleyes:

You are obviously a newbie programmer who has limited experience.

You aren't qualified to push a cycle start button much less lecture someone else about programming.

I've been doing this  a LOT longer than you have.

Newbies like yourself who pretend to know what they're doing give themselves away by the crap code they produce.

You're no different.

Run it any way you like.

"You do NOT interrupt a running process to MDI an offset register."---that's a response to your scenario buddy...and to answer to that I ask you this..how you can come to this scenario in witch YOU said you want to change the cutter offs in tool register while you cutting something. You can of course...lol..

Again..lol, you don't know my experience but from your answers I see I'll smoke you in any major controller Sinumerik, HEIDENHAIN or fanuc on any aplication for them mill turn, 5x, probing, macro.....lol.. Run a 5x mill turn dual channel then we'll talk...

For me if u have 30-40y experience doesnt matter 2much. You can work for that time and still not know 2much.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I tried as you suggested and I still can't get the D value. Did I do wrong?

if prv_cc_pos$ <> cc_pos$ & cc_pos$ & mi8$=1, prv_tloffno$ = c9k
      pbld, n$, "G43",  [if (mr1$ = 1) & (comp_type = 2), spaces$ = 0, "(",!tloffno$,")", spaces$=sav_spc,],

Thank you.

That's how my posts look like

pccdia          #Cutter Compensation   
      #Force Dxx#      
      sccomp
      if (mr1$ = 1) & (comp_type = 1), scorn
      if cc_pos$ & (use_g43 = 1) & (tloffno$ <> prv_tloffno$), tloffno$

ptlngth
      pbld, n$, [if use_g43=1,"G43", *tlngno$, pcutter_comp_new], pfzout, *scoolant, e$

pcutter_comp_new        
        if (tool_typ$ >= 9) & (tool_typ$ <> 12) ,  *tloffno$,
        !tloffno$,

Don't bother about "use_g43" var, beeing a Sinumerik hardcore fan and user, I tried to emulate on fanuc same behaviour, so I change my tool change macros on all machines so they will load at tool change the tool offs by default with H_tool# and D_tool# so in my codes there are no G43 H or D, just codes, so if the guys r changing tool # they do it in one spot, and that's it, easy and simple. You can still use different HD values but if they want they must add them.

Line in tool change macro:

G91 G0 G43 G#3 Z-[#[10000+#4120]+#[11000+#4120]] H#4120 D#4120

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

How did you define your "SCORN"?.

Thank you.

That's how my posts look like

pccdia          #Cutter Compensation   
      #Force Dxx#      
      sccomp
      if (mr1$ = 1) & (comp_type = 1), scorn
      if cc_pos$ & (use_g43 = 1) & (tloffno$ <> prv_tloffno$), tloffno$

ptlngth
      pbld, n$, [if use_g43=1,"G43", *tlngno$, pcutter_comp_new], pfzout, *scoolant, e$

pcutter_comp_new        
        if (tool_typ$ >= 9) & (tool_typ$ <> 12) ,  *tloffno$,
        !tloffno$,

Don't bother about "use_g43" var, beeing a Sinumerik hardcore fan and user, I tried to emulate on fanuc same behaviour, so I change my tool change macros on all machines so they will load at tool change the tool offs by default with H_tool# and D_tool# so in my codes there are no G43 H or D, just codes, so if the guys r changing tool # they do it in one spot, and that's it, easy and simple. You can still use different HD values but if they want they must add them.

Line in tool change macro:

G91 G0 G43 G#3 Z-[#[10000+#4120]+#[11000+#4120]] H#4120 D#4120

How did you define your