Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Screen background color

JAMMAN

I set mine just like in my last few videos. I changed the whole scheme and the back is Start 155 and the end is 0.

Jay, how did you change the window colour? Not the background, the actual menus/menu backgrounds. 

I really like the look you have...I like dark, easier on the eyes after 12 hrs

Someone posted this on the mastercam website forum.

It won't let me post the picture but you just have to play around with it

It's no secret that my sanity is often in question... in a good way mostly. BigGrin.gif Anyway, sometime back many of us were battling the interface "look" and CNC was kind enough to spill the beans on something we could all do (at our own peril anyway) to affect the look/feel of the Mastercam X8 Interface (Open up C:\users\UserName\My Documents\my mcamx8\CONFIG\Design.Workspace file in a text editor and edit the <AppLook>"1"</AppLook> value Wink.gif. So, back to the sanity part. BigGrin.gif I took screenshots for AppLook"1" through AppLook"12" so you could all see. It seemed like from 12 on they did not change (perhaps it's my colorblindness). Enjoy, and hopefully this will help others like myself that are colorblind too.

<AppLook>"1"</AppLook>                                         

<AppLook>"2"</AppLook>

<AppLook>"3"</AppLook>

<AppLook>"4"</AppLook>

<AppLook>"5"</AppLook>

<AppLook>"6"</AppLook>

<AppLook>"7"</AppLook>

<AppLook>"8"</AppLook>

<AppLook>"9"</AppLook>

<AppLook>"10"</AppLook>

<AppLook>"11"</AppLook>

<AppLook>"12"</AppLook>

Thanks EI. Also, thanks to James for sharing this little tidbit at the other forum. I kinda like the darker look in #7.

Look at the post from EI-programmer, if you need a screen shot or more help let me know. I am using Applook "7"

Great minds think alike. :smoke:

Someone posted this on the mastercam website forum.

It won't let me post the picture but you just have to play around with it

It's no secret that my sanity is often in question... in a good way mostly. BigGrin.gif Anyway, sometime back many of us were battling the interface "look" and CNC was kind enough to spill the beans on something we could all do (at our own peril anyway) to affect the look/feel of the Mastercam X8 Interface (Open up C:\users\UserName\My Documents\my mcamx8\CONFIG\Design.Workspace file in a text editor and edit the <AppLook>"1"</AppLook> value Wink.gif. So, back to the sanity part. BigGrin.gif I took screenshots for AppLook"1" through AppLook"12" so you could all see. It seemed like from 12 on they did not change (perhaps it's my colorblindness). Enjoy, and hopefully this will help others like myself that are colorblind too.

<AppLook>"1"</AppLook>                                         

<AppLook>"2"</AppLook>

<AppLook>"3"</AppLook>

<AppLook>"4"</AppLook>

<AppLook>"5"</AppLook>

<AppLook>"6"</AppLook>

<AppLook>"7"</AppLook>

<AppLook>"8"</AppLook>

<AppLook>"9"</AppLook>

<AppLook>"10"</AppLook>

<AppLook>"11"</AppLook>

<AppLook>"12"</AppLook>

am I the only one not seeing any pictures  in this post??