Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Benchmark 2.0

BenK

Okay, Newegg has the 6700K for $370 now.  Also it looks like it can handle 64GB RAM, which might make it worth it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117559&cm_re=6700k-_-19-117-559-_-Product

http://ark.intel.com/products/88195/Intel-Core-i7-6700K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_20-GHz

Thought it couldn't handle 64gb????????!!!!!!!

I knew it was but you didn't believe me 

I thought it couldn't too.  Here's what the specs say now:

Max Memory Size (dependent on memory type) 64 GB

-http://ark.intel.com/products/88195/Intel-Core-i7-6700K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_20-GHz

Also:

For those who always felt the 32GB of maximum RAM in the mainstream Haswell-based desktops was a limitation, Skylake’s use of DDR4 means you can get 64GB of RAM into your rig without having to step up to a pricier Haswell-E system.

-http://www.pcworld.com/article/2955293/hardware/skylake-review-intels-6th-gen-cpu-arrives-with-nice-presents-for-gamers-and-enthusiasts.html

So it looks like 32 in DDR3 or 64 in DDR4.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Im having trouble finding the Benchmark file I cant get the Benchmark 2.0 link to open and same goes for the FTP link

any help would be much appreciated

Thanks Kyle.

welcome to the best CAM forum.

start reading here"

http://www.emastercam.com/board/topic/67968-important-topics-please-read-before-posting/

edit: having trouble with FTP, also

Looking at a new Dell 5810 Precision desktop

XEON E5-1630 v3 (4C, 3.7 GHz, Turbo HT, 10M, 140W)

Quatro M5000

32GB (8x4GB) 2133MHz DDR4 RDIMM ECC

512GB SS drive

$4664

Heavy surfacing and 5axis machining.

I've been out of the loop with hardware a bit too long....so I'm rusty (read clueless) ...Are those good specs as of today? Any suggestions?

TIA!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I just bought a new pc 7810  Xeon E5-2630-V3 2.4GHZ,

32G RAM,

NVIDIA K2200,

SSD 240.

I would like to test it but the links to download is no longer good.

I test the program in my pc but I'm not sure I did not taint over the years.

8 minutes I find it a little big because if I look at the others who have smaller machine than me and that they are better times
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

4:09 seconds.   thats from mouse click to the time the green check box appeared. (on the last op)

custom build

6850k 4.2ghz 

quadro m2000

32gb (3333) downclocked to 2666

M.2 950 pro 

not sure if this is good or not to be honest.  This chip kills in multi-thread, when its actually using all the threads.  i never got above 11% utilization on the second half of the run 

10:36 Total Time

Dell Horizon VMWare via VPN

Xeon CPU E5-2687W v3 @ 3.10 Ghz, 5 Cores, 5 Logical Processors

25.0GB DDR4 RAM

Nvidia GRID K260Q 2GB DDR5

100GB SSD

Further proof that people are wasting money on high end Xeon cpus for Mastercam perhaps? That's a $2,100 processor. 

• Like 2

3 finished simultaneously in 5:15

I guess not to shabby :)

Im glad I didnt spend the extra money on the m4000 ... the m2000 is plenty of gpu.  it barely breaks a sweat. 

by the way... this PC with a $400 4k monintor,   windows 10,  and a $200 UPS  cost me under $3500.  a boxx or dell machine would cost over 5k for this performance level. 

Now that I have done it once, I think i could probably put something together with very close to the same performance for under $2800

all parts are warrantied.  included the CPU and oc doesnt void it. 

• Like 1

yeah that's sad, my HP laptop ran 5:40 but I want Motorsports-X's box coming in at 4:09 seconds

cheers!

Len Dye

in his case, i see that he is using a grid driver.. maybe xeon is required for grid?  I dont know. I havent be able to get much info about it.

That said, thats still not a great choice of Xeon for mastercam.  They have some xeons that perform as well as an i7.  But you can over clock the i7