Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Back Plot in Code Expert?

Tinyfxds

At my old job we had a NC editor called "Edit NC", very original name there.  Anyways, I was able to open up a posted program and back plot the tool path inside of this editor.  This was very useful if the operator was telling me the program was doing something that I didn't see on my screen using our CAM software.  Usually it was a post issue that caused the machine to do a weird machine move or something.  Well I'm wondering if Code expert has that ability.  I haven't seen anything in the menus that tell me there is a back plot option but maybe I'm just missing it.  If Code expert doesn't have the option is there another route I could go other than having to purchase another Editing software?

I used Cimco to post a few programs just now and it is a lot like "Edit NC" used to be.  I got the back plot to open up using the help menu but I don't see any icons on the menu bar to open it from there.  Is the Cimco editor in Mastercam just a basic version?  The screen caps in the help menu show some more options than what is currently on my screen.  I'll keep playing around with it and see what I can find

Personally i don't see why cimco edit pro  isn't included with every seat of mastercam. Probly would eliminate half of the "we need g-code verification" rants and raves!

Hell, if you have a solidworks license, then download HSM express (which is free) and it has cimco edit pro as its editor. Point the MCX config at that file for the editor and BAM, you have g-code backplotting right after you post. I used it to backplot all of my programs that arn't fully vericuted.

HTH

You can also configure and make different machines. I have P-1,P-2 for Dual Turret Machines and then .P1,.P2,.P3 for triple turret machines. I have a .pst for posts and I have one for about 10 different machines.

Sounds like it's a pretty powerful editing software.  I'll have to put a bug in the owner's ear...and see what happens

For any of you Cimco gurus I was looking at the Jay' site regarding the difference between versions & 7 pro has a Multi Channel feature. Is there a way to have more than 1 sync code. I'm looking at programs for our new swiss turn which syncs with a few Gcodes & !. Ive been playing around with it & having zero luck.

For any of you Cimco gurus I was looking at the Jay' site regarding the difference between versions & 7 pro has a Multi Channel feature. Is there a way to have more than 1 sync code. I'm looking at programs for our new swiss turn which syncs with a few Gcodes & !. Ive been playing around with it & having zero luck.

In multichannel setup set your Machine as "User Defined"

"Channel Start" G13,G14,G15 (Use commas to add multipule codes)

If you check the "?" topleft corner in Cimco and Click on any field it will tell you what the field is used for and sometimes give an example.

In multichannel setup set your Machine as "User Defined"

"Channel Start" G13,G14,G15 (Use commas to add multipule codes)

If you check the "?" topleft corner in Cimco and Click on any field it will tell you what the field is used for and sometimes give an example.

Thanks. I have the channels separated $1 & $2, but what I was hoping to find was a way to enter more than one sync code. I can get Cimco to sync the channels with the "!" operator but the machine also syncs on G6XX I haven't been able to get it to sync on those at all yet, I can get it to highlight the Gcodes while in the channel windows but not sync the code to visually indicate what is happening when on the front & back spindles.

Jay

The version I have on the 30 demo license is 7.01.09 (Downloaded aprox 1 1/2 weeks ago). I have a tool that will display the code synced but I can't edit it (Synced pic) & I can get Cimco to display my program synced only at the "!" operator but the machine (Citzen Cincom A20 - VII) also syncs on G6XX commands & when I try to set that up(setup pic) the G6XX commands hylight but don't sync (Cimco pic). I have also attached a small program if that in any helps.

Thanks

Chuck

post-9561-0-13140900-1415032367_thumb.png

post-9561-0-05102400-1415032382_thumb.png

post-9561-0-02269800-1415032686_thumb.png

TEST1.zip