Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Surface Finish high speed Scallop

FTI2007

I have used the surface finish high speed scallop tool path quite a bit but it seems in the last week or so it has become very slow to regenerate.   My current part took 30min and I'm guessing it should have only taken about 5 mins or less .   I tried the old school surface finish constant scallop tool path and it took just over 5 mins.  I even tried it another work station and got the same results.  Both running off of the network and locally with the same results.  Has anyone else noticed this?  the file is only 706kb before Tool paths.  I would attach the file I am not sure how to.      Thanks

3 minutes 41 seconds on my machine to regen this HST-Scallop as filed.  That is using cut tolerance 4.8%, line/arc filter tolerance 90.2% and smoothing 5%.

If I slide to cut tolerance 25%, line/arc filter tolerance 71.25% and smoothing 3.75% then it only takes 16 seconds to regenerate.

With the looser cut tolerance (same total tolerance), the path size grows from 574K to 856K.