Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

rotary direction problem-axis sub (help!)

tmao

Hi all,

I'm a new mastercam user,  and trying to build something in mastercam now.

The project is like this post-53868-0-19238400-1414863915_thumb.png , I unrolled two lines to xy-plane post-53868-0-14166900-1414864021_thumb.png and made a pocket.

My pocket toolpath setting is like this post-53868-0-08636900-1414864098_thumb.png and because I unrolled it CCW first ,so I chose CCW here.

My rotary table is sitting at the right side of machine table and head to left, which has a CCW positive direction, so I use MD like this post-53868-0-39486600-1414864257_thumb.png

But when I posted the G code, I got a code like thispost-53868-0-75745200-1414865554_thumb.png , I used incremental to see it clearly, it's conventional cutting!

If I change the MD to CW which is opposite side of my rotary table, I can get climb cutting but it's not right code!

If I use a CW direction ,when I build a plane to work on, the G CODE is mirror like 10 degree plane it will give me -10 degree to work on!

I'm using MPMASTER post.

Pls help me , I have to finish a job before Tuesday otherwise I will be fired :help:  :help:  

What version of MCAM are you using?

Pls help me , I have to finish a job before Tuesday otherwise I will be fired  :help:   :help:  

and a new user threatening to be fired with no training, I wonder if you wouldn't be better off, that's a pretty xxxxty boss IMO

Had mill 1 training before(with certificate)  :'(

I made a axis-sub part 2 months ago and found the problem at that time, I used CW direction and made the part.

Now when I use CCW direction which is correct for the machine setup, even curve give a wrong direction output, but the plane work gives the correct degree!

Pls help me :'(

Try these settings instead

Roll,Unroll can be confusing, easiest way to think about it, always think about the back plane as being A0 in roll/unroll....it's not the same A0 as your machine def

2014-11-02_7-51-12_zps1fab06c4.jpg

Try these unroll settings instead....the midpoint of the pocket is 60° off of top....add the 90 to get to back, you get 150°

2014-11-02_7-49-20_zps86aadcf7.jpg

and on these setting, you actually want to wrap your cut in the direction CW, that is the direction that you want you head to rotate to get to the geometry

2014-11-02_7-02-35_zps8369ea79.jpg

All of that will get you here with a climb cutting direction

2014-11-02_7-54-15_zpse954e15f.jpg