Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X8 stock model and .stl question/problem

mikenaturalice

I am having a problem in X8 with the stock model. I have the build from Sept 22 (under the help>about tab), pretty sure I downloaded the latest version... So if I verify a part and save it as an stl it looks like garbage when I use the file as the stock model. Oddly, if I use the stock model toolpath and generate it from source operations it looks fine. If I take that stock model (generated from the source operations and stock setup) and right click and export to stl it looks fine as well. Any ideas? I have my save as stl tolerance at .005 in the mastercam simulator defaults. I don't know if the probelm is repeatable in other files yet, but I did try and restart MCX and that didn't help. I vaguely remember seeing this a little in X7 too... Would the geometry of the part affect any of this? It was a .step import FWIW. The part itself is fairly small, 1/2x2x6 roughly, but it does have a lot of small features. I can't post any pics or files because it is  ITAR controlled. Thanks for any help

• 1 month later...

Try turning off the "Turbo Mode" switch before you run your verification. Also, turn up the Precision Slider all the way before you run the Verification. If the part is small, then try running a .0002 to .0005 tolerance.

Check the output tolerances in the File > Options inside Verify. Also, make sure your tool tolerances are tightened up (.001) as well.

I used to have problems like this with ITAR/EAR controlled parts when I worked at Boeing. We put a NDA agreement in place with CNC Software, and worked out a secure FTP site to transfer the files in an encrypted format, so that we could get help with issues like this. It might be worth it to do the same with your company, so that CNC Software can address any issues you discover.

Hope that helps,

Colin