Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Intergrex Programming

Joey King

Good afternoon forum members. my company has recently purchased to Mazak intergrexs. An I630 and I200S. I have not programmed this style machines before. I am famillar with turning and milling. I program standard turret style lathes with milling and 4X horizontal and vertical mills almost daily. so I am famillar with rotating planes and features like that. a couple of questions I have is placing part inside mastercam. should I orient just like I do a lathe so that my turning will work with my milling starting from back plane which is c0. or do I orientate completely different. also several turning holders require tilting the head to operate. how is the posting getting the data to tilt the turning tool

The part should be positioned as a lathe part.  When a multitasking machine definition is loaded the "Tool Angle..." button becomes active.  Use this to set the angle of the turning holder.  You might also talk to your reseller about adding the Mill-Turn on your license.

post-20825-0-02806100-1421180074_thumb.jpg

Joey is really going to come down to how your post is setup. The post builder should give you some direction on how to set it up according to how you will need to establish C0. Some do it the old way of C0 is back others do it with C0 top and yet others do it with C0 front. John pointed you in the right direction about your tools. I also implemented the eia suffix code for our machines when using a tool for front and back spindle work or if I was indexing the tool in the Spindle for turning work. Sometimes one tool would have 8 or 10 different potions in the machine, but still only be one tool inside of Mastercam.

I also agree with John to talk to your dealer about getting the MT for these machines I think you will find it nice since it makes you think Mill/Turn as a programming process.