Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Toolpath Manager Text Color

BenK

That changes all the text color not just selected operations.  I'm thinking you could use it like color coding your geometry, make operation 1 red to signify its a roughing operation and so on. 

I agree, but just tend to put roughing, drilling etc. in sub toolpath groups,  so I make one toolpath group for the feature and then break it out into rough etc. from there. color I think would be cleaner

Rant:

What bugs me big-time is the data entry boxes on some newer functions are no longer yellow, which historically has been a visual cue that it is calculable field. eg the entire tool manager doesn't have it. This UI inconsistency is yet another factor that shows how fragmented and poorly integreated mcam has become. Sure it's a little thing, but it is adding up. (Why in simulator are g-view icons red, while for the past 20 years been green in main environment?)  Has anyone else seen a software package so inconsistent and lacking in UI management?

• Like 2

I agree, but just tend to put roughing, drilling etc. in sub toolpath groups,  so I make one toolpath group for the feature and then break it out into rough etc. from there. color I think would be cleaner

That is how I do it now. My example was a very basic one at best. When you get into the 100-300 operation range and beyond you want every possible way to keep them organized without having countless toolpath groups inside of toolpath groups.

Rant:

What bugs me big-time is the data entry boxes on some newer functions are no longer yellow, which historically has been a visual cue that it is calculable field. eg the entire tool manager doesn't have it. This UI inconsistency is yet another factor that shows how fragmented and poorly integreated mcam has become. Sure it's a little thing, but it is adding up. (Why in simulator are g-view icons red, while for the past 20 years been green in main environment?)  Has anyone else seen a software package so inconsistent and lacking in UI management?

Agreed. A little consistency would be a huge thing. With X8 they did make some big changes to the appearance but didn't address some of the simpler items. A big step forward would be to standardize the toolpath dialogue boxes.

Hows the new gig Tyler?   You adjusting to the weather down here?

Pretty awesome - the people are great and I absolutely can't argue with the products. Lot of machining goes on in the tooling dept. and I've got kind of a blank slate with regards to robotics. It's a big company with a lot of aspects of a small company. 

The weather, haha yeah I'm glad I came in the 'winter'. I might die come summer but right now I'm loving it. 

I'll come back to the off-topic soon, I'm just behaving as a regular user rather than abusing my once magical admin powers. 

• Like 2

That is how I do it now. My example was a very basic one at best. When you get into the 100-300 operation range and beyond you want every possible way to keep them organized without having countless toolpath groups inside of toolpath groups.

Agreed. A little consistency would be a huge thing. With X8 they did make some big changes to the appearance but didn't address some of the simpler items. A big step forward would be to standardize the toolpath dialogue boxes.

Absolutely - and sometimes we have contour operations that are roughing, some that are finishing and really don't want to accidentally mix them up between toolpath groups.

There is a user experience group at CNC - maybe some direct e-mail conversation would help get the ball rolling with some of these things

• Like 1

Pretty awesome - the people are great and I absolutely can't argue with the products. Lot of machining goes on in the tooling dept. and I've got kind of a blank slate with regards to robotics. It's a big company with a lot of aspects of a small company. 

The weather, haha yeah I'm glad I came in the 'winter'. I might die come summer but right now I'm loving it. 

I'll come back to the off-topic soon, I'm just behaving as a regular user rather than abusing my once magical admin powers. 

Summer in San Diego is not bad,   always have a breeze off the water.    Glad it's working out for you.