Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

RODERS

HEAVY METAL

Hypermill is excellent for true 5 axis machining, but I know one of the local trainers. Hypermill is like $40k with SW. Full blown MCAM is much less than that.

I think my Hypermill quote was like 20k +2k for their lite cad system or whatever its called, or you have to have solidworks. I can't get MC level3, solids, and multiaxis for that in Canada.

• 9 months later...

Yes indeed, all sorts of stories ... they say that they could compile a post  but  are not too sure how long it would take nor how much it would cost ! maybe it is because this is South Africa...

You reseller is the ONLY entity that you should  be going through for a post......there are 3rd party writers that will do a post but they will ONLY work through your reseller...

This forum, if you have the read the forum guidelines is NOT the place to ask for a post

Yes indeed, all sorts of stories ... they say that they could compile a post  but  are not too sure how long it would take nor how much it would cost ! maybe it is because this is South Africa...

Ask them to get you a couple of quotes for both In-House or Postability. I´m sure a company with a Roeders can afford a world-class post-processor.

But you are right in the sense that if your reseller can´t provide you an estimate for price and a timeline, then it´s likely they´re also lost somewhere.

Both In-House and Postability are good choices to start with. But they need to be procured through your reseller. Ask him to drop them a line.

• 2 years later...

Just my 2 cents:

Many years ago I was doing a lot of photography and I remember seeing an advert for Olympus Cameras. On it was a quote from a successful pro who said

"I could get the same result with the bottom of a broken milk bottle, but the Olympus (good cameras but I was a Nikon guy) System suits me and my style of photography........"

It's not the tools..........within reason........

As for MC stability, the last few places I have worked our IT depts. have reduced crashes to maybe 1 or 2 a year, can't remember the last time I had one.......

How it is set up in the computer is important, and not just the file locations.....