Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Send email at M30 - Fanuc 30I

Hi All,

I have a Mori NT1000 with a FANUC 30I. I want to have the machine send me an email or text message when it stops or reads M30 in the program, so basically when the production run finishes.

Mori have some useless software that tries to do this but really doesn’t work that well. I also do not have a traffic light tower with a green run light that I can tap into.

I could tap into the auto power off signal from the control to the main power switch but this of course would only work if the APF button is on, Any ideas are welcome.

?..Mori have some useless software that tries to do this but really doesn’t work that well.

I wish I had a picture of my shocked face. :yes: :rofl:

There's two software companies that do something like that that I know of, there's also a couple custom options out there that would require you to have some inside control knowledge. Factory Wiz is one, and Scytec Hosted DataXchange™ is the other.

Spare M code to a Simple web enabled PLC. You can get a PLC that can send SMTP email for a few hundred usd.

I think this is a pretty awesome idea,  but i keep thinking if i ever saw this and i knew who the email it was going to......  i can't help but to try this......

O0001

M350 ( Whatever M code specified )

G4P10000

M99

:mail:

Also,,,,,

http://www.memex.ca/

Features:

MERLIN is designed to monitor every machine in your shop, CNC machines, non-CNC machines, fabrication centers and manual processes, all tied together in a production process manufacturing execution system.

To access relevant signals MERLIN uses various protocols (MT Connect, Fanuc Focas2, OPC, etc.) and electronic circuit boards if required, including the Universal Machine Interface board all dependent on the type of machine and controls and what is available to be monitored.  You choose which signals you want to monitor, or even switch which signals around as it makes sense for you, MERLIN is that flexible.  If your machine is not Ethernet enabled, like most older machines, then Memex offers electronic circuit boards with built-in Ethernet capabilities and conversion to serial RS-232.

To give you an idea of which features can be monitored, below is a representative list of signals that can be monitored, if available from the machine:

• OEE metric
  • Availability metric
  • Performance metric
  • Event Monitoring
  • Quality metric
  • Cycle Time & Count
  • Part Name
  • Part Counts
  • Alarm State Recording
  • Interrupted Cycles Recorded
  • Down Time
  • Down Reason codes (automatic or operator or modal)
  • Reject counts
  • Reject reason codes
  • Email / Cell Phone Alerts
  • Feed Hold / Op Stop
  • Feed / Rapid / Spindle Override
  • Feed and Speed rate
  • Product Standard comparison
  • Idle Reason Tracking
  • Many more signals available, stored in SQL database for analysis

Can't think of the name at this moment but we had antenna's set at each machine for wireless and it was set up with a dashboard on your computer so if you were elsewhere you could see

on your computer if all the machines were running and at what stage. Not sure if it was PRODUCTIVITY INC. that set it up for us. But they would Know.

• 7 years later...

I know this is an older thread but something I have seen before is if the machine can make a socket connection you can use software from p1ge0n.com to send emails and sms messages. So basically the machine connects to the p1ge0n software running on a PC via a socket and sends an ascii string with emails, phone numbers, and the message then the p1ge0n software takes care of the rest. If your controller cant do sockets and you have an extra relay, you could get a cheap plc like an AB micro 820 and have it read the relay status and then have it connect to the p1ge0n software when the relay changes. There are fancier solutions out there that are much more complicated and $$$$ but like the simpler solutions. KISS Keep It Simple Stupid