Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

G&L Horizontal W/Z programming tips

thundercat

Z is Z no matter is you are using a W Axis or not. The W axis can be handled a couple different ways. It can be a misc call in your post or it can be a completely new fixture offset. Every machine handles it different and the G&L I seen over at Varco in Orange when I worked there was using Pro-E and they programmed each W as a Macro Value. When we programmed our SNK machines at another place with a W-Axis We kept Z the same in the Mastercam file, but would use a different Fixture offset. For every change in W that value was put into the new Fixture offset for Z to make the adjustment since the machine did not have it built in. I believe newer machines handle the W with a G54.4 so you use one Fixture offset move the W where you need and the control handles everything.

HTH

• 2 years later...

I used to subtract the w from the z value as posted.  So example my Z values would post out like such : Z[1234.-#5004).  This way it was easy to make a W adjustment.  W was always positioned prior to ram movement.  Fixture offset was always 0 for the W, and you would use the composite distance of the w and the z from zero as the work offset for z.