Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Solids need regeneration

MAS58

Some files give me this message but there are no flags on any solids and after I regenerate all solids it still tells me to correct the issues. The thing is that before X8 it would let me save the file any way, but now X8 will not even let me save the file. This means that the file is now dead and any thing I have done is not savable, why is this? Before X8 it would warn me but let me save the file and the next time I open file it works just fine, the bad solid message still comes up when I save it but otherwise everything is fine. I need to be able to save the file so my work is not lost.

Sometimes I do solid copying in the Level Manager. This only happens once in awhile so I am not sure if what might cause it.

That's likely the problem... try copying them via the Edit menu Copy... Edit menu Paste to a new level... that works every time.

Copying between levels in the Level Manager fails every time for me.

The thing here is that the solids manager says there is nothing wrong, but the save function says there is and if it is the level manager causing this then I would not use it to copy solids. The thing is I copy within the level manager all the time but the issue only happens once in awhile so I would tend to think there is something else happening, but it could very well be the level manager. I think the biggest thing is the loss of the option to save your file because that file is now dead and useless no matter what changes you've made they are gone.

When I build the solid all the solid geometry I blank.

That`s prevent me from damaging solid by accident .Then I make solid copy ,remove all solid history

and blank original solid

And I think it will be 100 percent safe now.

At least that`s what I found be experience.

Being paranoid is a good thing sometimes .

HTH

Teh never say die .

I had this one happen to me....file would not save because it said the solid need regeneration. I figured OK...go into solids manager and regenerate, right? but then uh oh.....my Solids tab had disappeared. it just was not there (see attached screenshot...it was GONE) I was able to load a different workspace & got it to save that way.....however there is more than one user in our shop that wouldn't of thought of loading a different workspace....potentially losing all data.

emailing QC now to get this ability back.

post-5509-0-61931500-1424180639_thumb.jpg

I had this one happen to me....file would not save because it said the solid need regeneration. I figured OK...go into solids manager and regenerate, right? but then uh oh.....my Solids tab had disappeared. it just was not there (see attached screenshot...it was GONE) I was able to load a different workspace & got it to save that way.....however there is more than one user in our shop that wouldn't of thought of loading a different workspace....potentially losing all data.

emailing QC now to get this ability back.

Likely in a couple versions from now i would think

Maybe the safest is to not use solids and convert to surfaces