Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Current/New C-Hook

Hi

I was wondering if there was a C-Hook available, or someone willing to write one with my little issue i am having.

We have a CMS Poseidon, 5-axis router, and have been programming this machine with Powermill and PowerInspect for the last few years.  In the last few months we have made the switch to Mastercam, which includes the probing capability.

We have a T25 Marposs probe on the machine, which we use in conjunction with PowerInspect, and this works fine.  As i understand it, we HAVE to use a Renishaw probe to use the Mastercam probing software, namely: Productivity +.

Renishaw probes are very expensive, and our owner does not want to spend the money on a new one.

I think i have a solution, but i need someone who can write/develop C-Hooks to perhaps bring this to fruition.

Currently when i probe in PowerInspect, this software outputs an IGES file, which has the "new" workplane attached.  I can import this "empty" IGES file into Powermill, and within this IGES file there is "Workplane", which i can now use.

Is there a way that Mastercam can "use/find" these Workplanes?  With a C-Hook maybe?

Regards

Justin