Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

3 plus 2 post

I am tired of my clunky old horizontal post which seems to be less and less functional as I upgrade to newer versions of Mastercam. I want a recommendation as to which generic post to start with for use on a Fanuc horizontal with a Haas indexer mounted to the B axis.

Thanks. 

No such beast as a 3+2 post......anything like that would need all the 5 axis logic

I think a table/table could get you there but you're going to have to align in the base machine settings in the post

Shoot, I was hoping for something a little closer than that. I can't believe that my Horizontal configuration is all that unusual. My experience so far with a 5 axis post is with a Haas TR post which I discovered only gives good code when programmed at COR. This approach would be impractical on our horizontals with the type of work that we do. Thanks for the suggestion though.