Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

default incremental

littlhaas

I think hes converting the X from roman numerals to regular.. so hence.. MC19 ..

Anyhow.. I think the defaults for depths will come from your config.. could be wrong on this ..

But the reason for using incremental is that if you program all your depths Incremental off geometry and then move your geometry then your depths will adjust automatically to the new location of your geometry.

If you are programming 2D off of lines this is not as apparent since usually people draw all lines at a depth of 0 then modify the depths in the toolpaths.

Now that there is more robust ability to do chaining off of solid models I am guessing this is why your seeing this as a default..  then again based on your question being considerably lacking in details.. I could be totally off the mark

thanks djstedman  at least someone can figure out what mc19 is same as mcx9 .

When I start programming something drill or mill it defaults to incremental in depth on linking parameters. when I click on absolute then it remembers it the next time. But restart with another tool or restart program it still goes back to incremental.

thanks djstedman  at least someone can figure out what mc19 is same as mcx9 .

When I start programming something drill or mill it defaults to incremental in depth on linking parameters. when I click on absolute then it remembers it the next time. But restart with another tool or restart program it still goes back to incremental.

You need to change it in the operation defaults.